Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council is a not-for-profit Section 8, Schedule B, Public Sector Enterprise, under Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India as an Interface Agency to strengthen and empower the emerging Biotech enterprise to undertake strategic research and innovation, addressing nationally relevant product development needs. As a Government of India enterprise, BIRAC endeavors to bring professionalism, transparency and efficiency into its functioning while providing support to catalyse the transformation of the emerging Indian bio-economy. It has a very special and unique governance structure and a very carefully developed workforce strategy that includes an enabling work environment, a work culture that is caring, fosters excellence and hires the most talented and professional workforce.
Post : Associate / Principal Consultant - Incubation
Position Code : CON-26
Consolidated Remuneration : The consolidated fee for Associate Consultant shall be Rs.75,000/- Per month and for Principal Consultant shall be Rs.1,40,000/- per month.
No. of Position : 02 Two
Essential Qualification :
Associate consultant : M.Sc. / M.Tech / 4-year Bachelors professional degree program in Life Sciences / Bio-medical sciences / Pharmacy / any other allied Biotechnology areas from a recognized institute.
Principal consultant : Graduation in Life sciences from a reputed Institute.
Associate consultant : Between 3 to 10 years with minimum 2 years of experience in entrepreneurship development/ incubation activities in a public or private organization.
Principal consultant : 20 years and above, with 15 years Industry experience in Product/Technology Development/Raising investments; who is Involved in the startup ecosystem either as a technical mentor/ investor/service provider with demonstrated outcome.
Job Description : BIRAC has setup 75 Bioincubation centres in the country. This is an expanding Incubation network that facilitates Biotech Startups and plays a critical role for the Innovation ecosystem. The consultant would support and work with Incubation team.
• Engage with stakeholders involved in S&T incubation especially biotech incubation to understand & identify ecosystem gaps and growth opportunities.
• Work with Incubation team lead at BIRAC for selection, identification and operationalization of New BioNEST incubators
• Work towards timely dispersal of grants and monitor utilization.
• Support Incubation team for operational activities, monitoring, online portal updates.
• Organise Site Visits for technical due diligence of the proposals along with the area experts.
• Assist Incubation Lead in organizing stakeholder events
• Contribute to team’s objectives and targets through seamless collaboration. Adhere to internal and external compliance responsibilities in a timely manner.
• To assist senior officers in any other work assigned from time to time.
• Domestic Travel will be involved.
Age Limit : As on closing date of vacancy.
Associate consultant : 45 Years
Principal consultant : 60 years
Reporting System : The Consultant shall report to Head-SPED
Employees of Central / State Govts and or other CPSEs should send a copy of their applications through proper channel in a sealed envelope at below mentioned address:-
Head [Human Resource & Administration]
Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC)
1st Floor, MTNL Building
9, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road
Last date of submission of application : 05th October 2023.
See All Other Jobs in our Database