The National Institute of Nutrition is an Indian public health, nutrition and translational research centre located in Hyderabad, India. The institute is one of the oldest research centres in India, and the largest centre, under the Indian Council of Medical Research, located in the vicinity of Osmania University.
Post : Project Senior Research Fellow (Non-Medical)
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the following posts for Pan India study entitled "Diet and Biomarker Survey in India (DABS-I)" funded by ICMR. The Walk-in-interviews will be conducted at ICMR - National Institute of Nutrition, Tarnaka, Hyderabad, Telangana.
No of vacancies : 10 nos. (Biochemistry / Life Sciences-9 and Statistics/ Data Science- 1)
Essential : Qualifications M.Sc. Biochemistry / Life Sciences / Statistics (or M.Tech Computer Science / Data Science) from a recognized University with two years of research/diagnostic lab experience.
Desirable : Experience in handling blood/serum/plasma samples and methods such as ELISA, HPLC, ICP-MS, AAS. Knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel is preferred.
Candidates with experience in statistical methods/data science will be preferred.
Nature of duties : Biomarker analysis in human biological samples.
Age : Not exceeding 35 years.
Stipend : Rs.44,450/= per month fixed without any other allowances.
Tenure : One year (extendable for another year subject to requirement and availability of funds).
Place of work : ICMR-NIN, Hyderabad.
Terms and conditions
1) The number of posts may vary according to the project requirement.
2) The above posts are on temporary basis.
3) The Director & Appointing Authority has the right to accept/reject any application without assigning any reason(s) and no correspondence in this matter will be entertained.
4) Age relaxation is admissible in respect of Retrenched Government EmployeesDepartmental Candidates (including projects) and Ex-Servicemen in accordance with the instructions issued by the Central Government from time to time. Age concession to the extent of service rendered in other research projects will also be admissible for experienced and skilled persons. Age, qualifications, etc., will be reckoned as on the last date of receipt of applications.
5) Upper age limit is relaxable up to 5 years in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST and 3 years in case of OBC category as per DoPT rules. The candidates should ensure that they belong to the OBC category while applying the project posts.
Such candidates should produce a valid OBC-Non Creamy Layer certificate in the prescribed format during document verification that he/she does not belong to the creamy layer. The OBC certificate shall not be older than one year at the time of joining the post. In case of not complying with these stipulations, their candidature or OBC reservation will not be entertained.
6) Since, the posts are temporary; the incumbents selected will have no claim for regular appointment at ICMR-NIN or continuation of his/ her services in any other project.
7) The results of the final selection will be placed on ICMR-NIN website only. No intimation will be sent by e-mail or phone.
8) At the time of joining duty, the candidates should bring all original certificates of educational qualifications (from SSC onwards), No Objection Certificate from present employer, Experience, Aadhaar Card, Community and PWD Certificate (if applicable) for availing age relaxation, passport size photograph along with one set of photocopies of the certificates duly attested (can be self attested) for verification.
9) The conditions of employment will be the same as that of the project staff on contract basis.
10) Canvassing in any form will lead to disqualification.
Applications will be received from the individuals by hand on the date of Walk-in-interview between 9:30 A.M. and 11.30 A.M. The candidates will not be allowed to enter the Venue after 11.30 A.M. under any circumstances. The Candidates may download the application form and submit the same duly filled in along with one set of photocopies of certificates and one latest photograph and all the Original Certificates for verification failing which their candidature cannot be considered for Interview. After verification of the applications, the names of eligible candidates will be informed on the same day for Walk-in-interview. The candidates have to make their own arrangements for attending the Walk-in-Interview.
Date and time : 29th September,2023
Venue : ICMR - National Institute of Nutrition , Hyderabad.
See All Other Jobs in our Database