National Institute of Cancer Prevention and Research (NICPR) was initially established as Cytology Research Centre (CRC) by the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) in 1979 and was elevated to the level of Institute in 1989. Its mandate was broadened to carry out research in cancer prevention and was renamed as National Institute in 2016.
Post : Project Associate -II (01-UR)
ICMR-NICPR, Noida will conduct walk-in-Interview to fill the following vacant posts purely on temporary and contractual project posts, tenable at ICMR-NICPR, Noida. Candidates possessing required qualifications, experience and age criteria may attend Walk in- Interview at ICMR-NICPR, Sector-39, Noida, UP-201301 on the dates as indicated in the schedule along with the filled in prescribed application form and supporting documents viz. date of birth, identification, qualifications and experience.
Name of Project : “Advent of Omics technologies in Precision Diagnostics and Targeted Therapeutics (DHR funded). under P.I Dr. Sandeep Kumar, Scientist–B at ICMR-NICPR Sector 39, NOIDA initially for 1 year
Monthly Consolidated Emolument (Rs.) : Rs 35000/- +27% HRA
Essential / Desirable Qualifications and experience : Essential: Masters degree in Natural Sciences or Agricultural Sciences/ M.VSc or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and Technology or Medicine from a recognized University or Equivalent, and 2 years’ experience in Research and Development in Industrial and Academic Institutions or Science and Technology Organizations.
Desirable : Experience in the area of bioinformatics, NGS data analysis (whole genome, transcriptome, methylome, metagenome), Phylogenetic analysis, web technologies, and Artificial Learning/ Machine Learning for bioinformatics.
Age limit : 35 years
Terms and Conditions
1. Interested and eligible candidates can appear for walk-in-interview/personal discussion on the dates mentioned against each post along with the duly filled in the prescribed application form (attached). 2. All posts are purely temporary and contractual for the duration offered in the project. The appointment will initially be for one year and will be extended subject to satisfactory performance review and project requirements.
3. Appointment can be terminated at any time during the engagement from either side after serving a notice period of one month.
4. It may be mentioned here that incomplete applications, application not submitted in prescribed format and application without supportive documents asked for shall be summarily rejected.
5. Essential qualifications and experience should preferably be in the field of bioinformatics, NGS data analysis, etc. as mentioned in the advertisement from a reputed Institution/organization recognized by relevant authority.
6. Experience shall be counted from the date of completion of the minimum essential educational qualification.
7. Submission of incorrect or false information during the process of walk-in- interview/or Personal discussion shall disqualify the candidature at any stage.
8. The Director reserves the right to increase / decrease the number of vacancies as per requirement.
9. Candidates should write the Name of Project on the top of the application.
10. No benefit of provident fund, Leave Travel Concession, Medical Claim etc. will be considered, since the posts are purely temporary basis.
11. Age relaxation is admissible to SC/ST/OBC candidates in respect of posts reserved for respective category only and not for unreserved post as per GoI rules. Age relaxation to Ex-servicemen/Departmental candidates including projects shall also be applicable as per Govt. of India/ICMR Norms.
12. Age limit and experience will be considered as on the date of walk-in-interview/personal discussion.
13. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the walk-in-interview/personal discussion/written test.
14. Mere fulfilling the essential qualification/experience does not guarantee selection.
15. Candidates already working against regular/permanent posts under government departments/organizations are not eligible to apply.
16. Candidates already employed should submit a “No Objection Certificate” from their employer at the time of walk-in- interview/written test / personal discussion failing which he/she will not be allowed to appear in written/personal discussion.
17. Community/ Caste certificate: Candidates applying under posts reserved for OBC category shall submit attested copy of OBC Non – Creamy Layer Certificate in specified format as applicable for GoI jobs, issued within one year from the date of walk-in- interview test and / or personal discussion by the appropriate authority. Only Non-Creamy Layer as per Central list OBC certificates will be accepted and other certificates will not be accepted.
18. Candidates applying for EWS category post must possess income and asset certificate to be issued by the District Magistrate/Additional District Magistrate/Collector/Deputy Commissioner Additional Deputy Commissioner/SDM etc as per DoPT OM dated 31.01.2019.
19. The above posts are filled-up on purely temporary/ contractual basis and the Candidate will have no right to claim for any type of Permanent/ regular employment under ICMR-NICPR or continuation of his/her services in any other project.
20. In case of large number of eligible candidates after scrutiny of applications, a written test may be conducted. The written test shall consist of objective type questions.
21. In case of large number of eligible candidates after scrutiny of applications, a written test may be conducted. The written test shall consist of objective type questions.
22. The Director has the right to accept/reject any application and/ or withdraw the advertisement without assigning any reason thereof and no correspondence/recommendation will be entertained in this matter.
23. Canvassing and bringing inside or outside influence in any form for shortlisting and employment will be treated as a disqualification and the candidate will be debarred from the selection process.
24. No request for change of Date of Interview Shall be entertained.
25. Candidates possessing the essential qualification and experience may appear for walk-in-Interview/ personal discussion/written test at ICMR-National Institute of Cancer Prevention and Research, I-7, Sector-39, NOIDA, UP (Near Noida City Center Metro station) on the dates as indicated in schedule for walk-in- interview/or personal discussion (as applicable) given below
26. Those appearing for Walk-in-Interview/personal discussion, he/she must bring all original certificates (1) Educational qualification (2) Proof of Date of birth (3) Experience certificates/testimonials, a brief CV, and a list of publications (4) One-self attested recent passport size photograph (5) ID Proof (Aadhar/PAN/Voter ID/Driving License etc.) (6) One set of self-attested photocopies of all documents. (7) SC/ST/OBC / EWS Certificates, as applicable. (8) Candidates should produce all certifications/testimonials in original for verification at the time of walk in –interview/ personnel discussion/ written test.
27. Any Addendum / Corrigendum in respect of the above vacancies shall be issued on websites https://nicpr.org/career, https://main.icmr.nic.in/career-opportunity and no separate notification shall be issued in the press. No other mode of correspondence will be made. Applicants are requested to regularly visit these websites to keep themselves updated.
28. In case of variation in Hindi & English version of notification, English version shall prevail.
29. Candidate shall maintain order and discipline in the Institute and adhere to the following:
(a) Spitting in public & work place shall be punishable with fine, as may be prescribed in accordance with its laws, rules or regulations by the State/UT local authority.
(b) Large physical gathering at one place should be avoided.
(c) Loitering and crowding in corridors should be avoided and people should maintain distance
Date and time of registration and verification of document : On 17/10 /2023 from 9.30 AM onwards
Note : The interview will be held on the same day after registration and verification of documents.
See All Other Jobs in our Database