Center of Innovative and Applied Bioprocessing (CIAB) is an autonomous national institute under Department of Biotechnology (Govt. of India). This futuristic innovation institute of its own kind in the country has a mission of advancing knowledge, leads and emerging technologies/processes relevant to agri-food sector towards applications and products. It aims to link them with societal benefits through catalysing/promoting entrepreneurial action around bioprocesses, bio-products, value-addition to bioproducts etc. with special reference to the agri-food sector. Currently, the four major mandated R&D areas in hand at the institute are (A) Value Addition to Primary Processing Residues/ Wastes for Edible Products; (B) Valorisation of Crop Waste for Speciality Products and Chemicals; (C) Nutritionals, nutraceuticals and upgradation of value or use of bio- products, (D) Biosynthetic technology/synthetic biology for low volume-high value products and industrial enzymes.
FELLOWSHIPS FUNDED BY CIAB FOR EXTERNAL R&D PROJECTS / ACTIVITIES
Post : Project Associates - Two position
Age limit – 28 Years 32 Years for candidates with 2 years of research experience
Project Title- “Exploration of native microorganisms and biocatalysts from traditional fermented products of Sikkim Himalayas for development of lactose free and bioactive peptide enriched milk-based functional products”.
Funded by - Department of Biotechnology (Government of India)
Duration of Project - Till 03 March, 2024
Principal Investigator - Dr. Sudhir Pratap Singh, Scientist-D
Qualifications/Experience : (i) M.Sc. in Biotechnology / Biochemistry / Microbiology / Life Sciences from recognized University / Institute OR M.E. / M.Tech in Biotechnology from recognized University/Institute.
(ii) NET / GATE / any other relevant equivalent nature of test qualified.
(iii) Preferably two years of research experience.
Fellowship – Rs. 25,000/- + (HRA as admissible or Hostel facility, if available) for candidates without qualifications/ experience at point (ii) & (iii)
- Rs. 31,000/- per month + (HRA as admissible or Hostel facility, if available) for candidates without qualifications/ experience at point (iii)
- Rs. 35,000/- per month + (HRA as admissible or Hostel facility, if available) for candidates with all qualifications/ experience conditions mentioned above.
The interested candidates may appear for a Walk-In-Interview on 04-10-2023 along with the application form available on the website ciab.res.in. The duly filled application form must be submitted at the time of the registration from 09:00 AM to 10:30 AM on 04-10-2023. The candidates must ascertain their eligibility before applying, as ineligible candidates would not be interviewed.
Process of Engagement
The eligible applicants would be interviewed by a duly constituted committee. The committee would recommend the candidates, if found suitable, for consideration of the competent authority for engagement on purely on Fellowship/Stipendiary basis.
1. Incomplete applications and applications that are not in proper format may be summarily rejected.
2. The above research opportunities are open only to Indian Nationals.
• The applications should be submitted in the prescribed format that can be downloaded from the CIAB website: ciab.res.in.
• Completed applications along with photocopies of all the relevant educational and experience certificates are to be submitted at the time of registration at Center of Innovative and Applied Bioprocessing (CIAB), Sector-81 (Knowledge City), Manauli P.O., S.A.S. Nagar, Mohali - 140306, Punjab from 09:00 AM to 10:30 AM on 04-10-2023.
• All the positions are based at Mohali, Punjab but some works may be assigned to be carried out at outstations also.
• Number of positions may vary.
• Relaxation of age for various categories (including woman candidates) shall be as per rules of DST and other Government of India agencies.
• If in any area no suitable candidate is found, no selection would be made in that case.
• No TA/DA etc. would be paid for attending the walk-in-interview.
• Candidates should bring their original documents for verification and one set of photocopy (for submission) of their all relevant certificates related to education, experience, publications, thesis/dissertations etc. at the time of interview.
• Candidates found eligible after scrutiny of applications post registration, shall be required to appear before a Selection Committee. Kindly note that in case there are substantial number of applicants, the Chief Executive Officer, CIAB reserves the right to devise such criteria as deemed fit to shortlist the candidates for the interview. If required, a written test may also be conducted to short-list candidates. The decision of the CEO, CIAB to conduct a written test shall be final and binding on all in this respect.
See All Other Jobs in our Database