The National Institute of Nutrition is an Indian public health, nutrition and translational research centre located in Hyderabad, India. The institute is one of the oldest research centres in India, and the largest centre, under the Indian Council of Medical Research, located in the vicinity of Osmania University.
Post : Project Senior Research Fellow
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the following position under the project entitled "Influence of Micronutrient Status on Biomarkers of Aging in Frailty" funded by DBT at this Institute.
Essential Qualifications : M.Sc in Life Science (Nutrition / Biochemistry) / Pharm.D with two years of research experience from a recognized University
Desirable : Minimum two years of research experience after Masters Degree in the area of recruitment of study subjects and data collection, assessment of nutritional status, biochemical micronutrient analyses and report wriging
Nature of duties : Enrolling study subjects, collecting demographic and frailty data. Blood collection, processing and analysis of blood biomarkers
Age : Not exceeding 35 years.
Stipend : Rs.35,000/- plus HRA@24% per month fixed without any other allowances
Tenure : upto 31.02.2024 (Extendable for another six months subject to availability of funds)
Place of work : ICMR-NIN, Hyderabad
General Terms and conditions
1) The above post is on temporary basis only.
2) The Director & Appointing Authority has the right to accept/reject any application without assigning any reason(s) and no correspondence in this matter will be entertained.
3) The selected candidate should work at least for a period of three months failing which the salary drawn
by him/her has to be refunded.
4) The engagement can be terminated with one-month notice from either side without assigning any reason.
5) Since, the post is temporary; the incumbents selected will have no claim for regular appointment at ICMR-NIN or continuation of his/ her services in any other project.
6) Other allowances like CCA, LTC, Medical Claim and PF are not applicable.
7) The results of the final selection will be placed on ICMR-NIN and ICMR websites.
8) The recruited project staff is eligible for leave as per ICMR project recruitment rules/guidelines and will have to give an undertaking before joining.
9) At the time of joining duty, the candidates should bring all original certificates of educational qualifications (from SSC onwards), No Objection Certificate from present employer if working in ICMR Projects (compulsory). Experience, Aadhaar Card, Community and PWD Certificate (if applicable) for availing age relaxation, passport size photograph along with one set of photocopies of the certificates duly attested (can be self attested) for verification.
10) The conditions of employment is as per Project Recruitment guidelines issued by ICMR from time to time.
Applications will be received from the individuals by hand on the date of Walk-in-interview between 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at ICMR - National Institute of Nutrition, Hyderabad, Telangana. The Candidates may download the application form from nin.res.in and submit the same duly filled in along with one set of photocopies of certificates and one latest photograph and all the Original Certificates for verification failing which their candidature cannot be considered for Interview.
After verification of the applications, the names of eligible candidates will be informed on the same day for Walk-in-interview. The candidates have to make their own arrangements for attending the Walk-in-Interview. The applicants are advised to visit the website regularly for any updates and changes in the recruitment process.
Date and time : 08.09.2023 from 11:30 am onwards
Venue : Conference Hall, ICMR-NIN, Hyderabad.
See All Other Jobs in our Database