The National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education & Research (NIPER), SAS Nagar is an autonomous Institute of National importance set up by the Government of India, Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers by an Act of Parliament, to impart higher education and undertake advanced research in the field of Pharmaceutical sciences, technology and management.
Post : Junior Research Fellow
Applications are invited from eligible Indian nationals for one position of Junior Research Fellow under a project entitled “Molecular explorations of Leishmania donovani Homoserine Dehydrogenase and evaluating the impact of its perturbations using CRISPR-Cas9 system ” sponsored by SERB, DST, Ministry of Science and Technology, GoI, New Delhi [GP-469] under Dr. Sushma Singh, Department of Biotechnology, NIPER-SAS Nagar. The position is purely on temporary basis initially for a period of 1 (one) year (extendable for another period of one year on the performance of the candidate) and is co- terminus with the duration of the project.
Essential Qualifications : M.Sc. In Biochemistry / Microbiology / Biotechnology OR M.S. (Pharm.) / M.Pharm / M.Tech. In Biotechnology. Minimum CGPA of 6.75 (or 60% marks) for General category / OBC, 6.25 (or 55% marks) for SC/ST, 5.75 (or 50% marks for physically handicapped (PH) candidates on a 10 point scale in the qualifying examination.
Desired Qualifications : Hands on experience in cell culture, recombinant DNA technology, microbiology, protein expression and protein chemistry.
Age limit : Below 28 years as on the last date of receipt of applications.
Fellowship : Rs. 31,000/-p.m. consolidated (without HRA).
Tenure of the position : The above position is purely on temporary basis initially for a period of 1 (one) year (extendable for another period of one year on the performance of the candidate) and is co-terminus with the duration of the project
Application fee as detailed below is required to be submitted at the time of Walk-in- Interview in the form of Demand Draft in favour of ‘Director, NIPER-SAS Nagar’ payable at SAS Nagar (Mohali)/Chandigarh :
i. Application fee for General and OBC category candidates : Rs. 100/-
ii. Application fee for SC/ST/PWD/female candidates : NIL
Application fee in other form will not be accepted.
The candidate(s) who fulfil the eligibility criteria may appear for Walk-in-Interview to be held on 05.10.2023 (Thursday) from 3:00 PM onwards in the Room No. F-108, Department of Biotechnology, NIPER-SAS Nagar – 160062 (Punjab).
Candidates appearing for Walk-in-Interview are required to bring duly filled application form in the prescribed proforma with latest passport size photograph pasted on it along with attested copies of testimonials / degrees / certificates etc. in support of the averments made in the qualification, experience and other columns in the application form.
• Candidates shall have to produce original documents/testimonials at the time of interview, failing which, such candidates shall not be allowed for interview. The original certificates / degree etc. of the candidate(s) are subject to verification before joining, in case of selection.
• Candidates with incomplete application or without relevant supporting enclosures (i.e. self attested copies of degree / certificates / marks sheets / experience certificate / reprint of important publications, without photographs, signatures and prescribed fee) will not be interviewed.
• Age relaxation for SC / ST / OBC / PWD etc. will be as per the Government of India rules. The candidates are required to attach valid proof for claiming relaxation as per the guidelines prescribed by the Government of India from time to time.
• In exceptionally meritorious cases or under special circumstances, the eligibility requirements of age, educational qualification and experience for the position may be relaxed.
• The process of selection may include presentation / interview or any other process as decided by the Competent Authority.
• The Institute reserves the right to withdraw advertised post at any time without assigning any reason. Institute also reserves the right to fill or not to fill post and its decision in this regard shall be final.
• No TA/DA will be paid for attending the Walk-in-Interview.
• Confirmation for attending the Walk-in-Interview can be dropped at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com.
• CANVASSING IN ANY FORM MAY LEAD TO CANCELLATION OF CANDIDATURE.
See All Other Jobs in our Database