The institute completed its 100 years in 2019, and we wish to take forward the legacy with rejuvenated vigor and sheer dedication with a commitment to nation building. The Indian Institute of Technology (Banaras Hindu University) Varanasi owes its existence to Bharat Ratna Mahamana Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya, the founder of the first residential University of modern India, Banaras Hindu University (BHU), who could foresee the vital role of technical education in strengthening independent India. Engineering education in BHU started in 1919 with the establishment of Banaras Engineering College (BENCO).
Post : Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
Applications are invited from Indian nationals for the following position in the research project entitled “Study on therapeutic and preventive efficacy of linoleic acid in hamster model of visceral leishmaniasis”. sponsored by the Indian Council of Medical Research- Epidemiology and Communicable Diseases (ICMR-ECD) Grant awarded to Dr. Vinod Tiwari.
Duration of the Position : One year. Extendable based on the performance.
Emoluments : Rs.31,000+ HRA (as applicable) per month
Educational Qualification :
1) B.Pharm degree and GPAT/GATE with 55% marks (equivalent grade) in M.Pharm / M.S/M.Tech degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences / Biotechnology.
2) Experience in cell culture, western blotting, RT-PCR, IHC and in-vivo model of pain and neuroscience is desirable.
Job Profile :
1) In this project, selected candidate will be working on:
2) In-vitro and in-vivo models of leishmaniasis in rodents.
3) Tissue harvesting
4) Molecular biology techniques including western blotting, immunohistochemistry, RT-PCR, cell culture etc.
5) Data entry and analysis using appropriate softwares such as excel, sigma stat etc
6) Writing manuscripts and presenting data in conferences
Upper Age limit as on the last date of application : 28 years. Age relaxation applicable as per Government of India (GoI) rules.
General Terms and Conditions
1. The position is purely temporary and is coterminous with the project.
2. The PI has the discretion to restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
3. Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to appear in the interview and no other communications in this regard will be entertained.
4. The candidate is expected to join immediately, if selected.
5. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
• Original certificates and self-attested copies of all certificates need to be presented before the interview for verification.
• Canvassing in any form will lead to disqualification of candidature.
• Venue of Interview – Department of Pharmaceutical Engineering & Technology, IIT (B.H.U.), Varanasi-221005. Contact no: +91-7069532713
• Application should be strictly according to the attached format.
• Last date for receiving completed application is 14 September, 2023.
NOTE : The selected candidate can be considered for PhD program after fulfilling the required criteria of IIT-BHU
Interested candidates should send their applications strictly in the attached application format via email to Principal Investigator, Dr. Vinod Tiwari at email@example.com on or before 14 September, 2023. Please write “Application for JRF” in the subject line of the email. The shortlisted candidates will be intimated by email. Tentative date of interview: within two weeks of application deadline.
See All Other Jobs in our Database