Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council is a not-for-profit Section 8, Schedule B, Public Sector Enterprise, under Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India as an Interface Agency to strengthen and empower the emerging Biotech enterprise to undertake strategic research and innovation, addressing nationally relevant product development needs. As a Government of India enterprise, BIRAC endeavors to bring professionalism, transparency and efficiency into its functioning while providing support to catalyse the transformation of the emerging Indian bio-economy. It has a very special and unique governance structure and a very carefully developed workforce strategy that includes an enabling work environment, a work culture that is caring, fosters excellence and hires the most talented and professional workforce.
Post : Associate / Senior Consultant - Investment
Position Code : CON-23
Consolidated Remuneration : The consolidated fee for Associate Consultant shall be Rs.75,000/- Per month and for Sr. Consultant: Rs.1,25,000/- per month
No. of Position - 03 (Three)
Job Description : Responsible for Management of Projects under different Investment Schemes.
Reporting System : The Consultant shall report to GM (Head of Investment Dept).
Essential Qualification : Ph. D in Life Sciences/Biotechnology/ Agri/ Pharma/ Plant/Animal Sciences from a recognized institute.
Associate consultant : Post Ph.D experience between 3 to 10 years in life sciences related activities with minimum 2 years of experience in Grant / Project Management or translational and product development activities, or related area of research in industry or academic research institute.
Senior consultant : Post Ph.D experience between 11 to 19 years in life sciences related activities with minimum 3 years of experience in Grant / Project Management or translational and product development activities, or related area of research in industry or academic research institute.
Age Limit :
As on closing date of vacancy:
Associate consultant: 45 Years
Senior consultant: 50 Years
Key Responsibilities :
• Grant Management of new and ongoing projects.
• Project appraisal through eligibility checks, inviting expert comments, site visits (physical/virtual) and organizing TEC (Technical Expert Committee) and Apex meetings.
• Arrange all the financial, legal and IP related documents from the companies and their respective collaborators prior and during the implementation of the project.
• Monitor the progress of the projects for timely completion of milestones through evaluation of reports & site visits (physical/virtual) by PMC experts and presentations by the fund recipients (industry/academia) before TEC.
• Coordinate with different departments (Technical, Legal, IP, Finance, etc.) within BIRAC for timely disbursement of funds and their proper utilization in accordance to prescribed guidelines.
• Contribute to scientific analysis and understanding of the problem, gaps andrequired scientific intervention in projects.
• Supporting project’s technical activities as and when required.
• Preparation of In-house Technical Reports for committees on the assigned topics.
• Understand team objectives and cooperate and collaborate with others to achieve them.
• Organizing Grant writing and scheme awareness workshops/ webinars.
• Any other activity assigned from time to time.
Employees of Central / State Govts and or other CPSEs should send a copy of their applications through proper channel in a sealed envelope at below mentioned address:-
Head [Human Resource & Administration]
Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC)
1st Floor, MTNL Building
9, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road
Last date of submission of application : 19th September 2023.
See All Other Jobs in our Database