National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education & Research, Ghauwati (NIPER-G) is an autonomous institute of National importance and the first national pharma institute in NE India set up by the Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers, Govt. of India by an act of parliament, to impart high quality Education & Research in the area of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
The Institute intents to fill the following Project position in DST sponsored project through Online interview.
Post : Research Associate - I
Salary : Rs. 47,000/- p.m. plus 18% HRA
Name of the Sponsoring agency/ Project / GAP code : “Efficient process development strategies for prevalent ‘rare disease’ drugs” (GAP-159)
Qualifications and Experience : Essential: Ph.D. (Chemistry/Medicinal Chemistry/Pharmaceutical Chemistry) or M. Pharm./M.S(Pharm)./M.Sc. in Pharmaceutical Chemistry/Medicinal Chemistry/Chemistry with 3 years of research/teaching experience. Applicant must have at least one research publication in standard referred journal/SCI journal. Desirable: Research experience in the area of organic synthesis as evident by publications and/or patents. Candidates having strong expertise in multi-step organic synthesis and/or total synthesis of complex molecular framework, sustainable Organic Synthesis (design and synthesis of bioactive compounds/small molecules) and drug discovery (in context to Medicinal Chemistry) would be a good match for the position.
Preference will be given to the candidates :
- Who understands the logic in Organic Synthesis (Reaction mechanism, Principles of synthetic planning, Transition metal-catalyzed chemistry) and related topics.
- Candidate should have expertise in structure elucidation using 1D/2D-NMR, retro-synthetic planning and analysis, reaction condition optimization, catalyst/solvent/reagent screening, and purification with Flash chromatography.
Max. Age limit : 35 Years (Age relaxation will be provided as per GoI norms.)
1. Candidates of Indian Nationality can only apply for these posts.
2. Interested candidates are invited to apply using the prescribed format only, available on the website (niperguwahati.ac.in) from 12.09.2023 to 26.09.2023. It is mandatory to fill the application online and no other form of application will be entertained. Candidates are requested to arrange the softcopies of all the required documents before filling the application.
3. Candidates should read carefully the requisite minimum essential qualifications, age and eligibility, experience criteria etc. laid down in the advertisement before applying for the above post. Since all the applications will be screened on the basis of data submitted by the candidate in the online application form, the candidates must satisfy themselves of the suitability for the position to which they are applying. If at any stage during the recruitment and selection process, it is found that candidates have furnished false or wrong information, their candidature will be rejected.
4. Application once submitted cannot be altered / resubmitted, under any circumstances. Further, no request with respect to making changes in any data/ particular entered by the candidate in the application will be entertained, once the application is submitted successfully by Email.
5. Incomplete application or those without relevant supporting documents (self-attested copies of Date of birth/Degrees/ Certificates/ Mark sheets/Experience Certificates/documents, etc.) will be rejected.
6. On the recommendation of the Screening/Selection Committee, the competent authority may relax all or any of the requirements related to age and experience in exceptionally meritorious cases.
7. Fulfillment of qualifications and experience is an essential requirement. As stated, the Institute is free to set the benchmark and call only the eligible candidates for the on-line interview. Further, NIPER Guwahati also reserves the right NOT to fill any of the post advertised, in the event or exigency so decided.
8. Intimations will be sent only by E-mail/host on the website as per the details mentioned in the Application form.
9. In case any dispute arises on account of interpretation of clauses in any version of this Advertisement other than English, the English version available on the NIPER-G Website shall prevail.
10. CANVASSING IN ANY FORM MAY LEAD TO CANCELLATION OF THE CANDIDATE.
11. All appointments shall be on contract of one year or less if the project is terminated earlier. The appointments are against the temporary project positions and will not continue in any circumstances beyond the duration of the said project. Any subsequent contract in the project or another project will be fresh appointment. The appointment in the outside funded project does not give project staff any claim whatsoever for appointment/regularization against any Institute post.
12. Age will be calculated as on the last date of application i.e. 26.09.2023.
13. List of the Shortlisted candidates will be displayed on the Institute website.
14. In-case of online interviews only, the link for the online interviews will be sent to the shortlisted candidates individually, a day before the interview.
See All Other Jobs in our Database