The institute completed its 100 years in 2019, and we wish to take forward the legacy with rejuvenated vigor and sheer dedication with a commitment to nation building. The Indian Institute of Technology (Banaras Hindu University) Varanasi owes its existence to Bharat Ratna Mahamana Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya, the founder of the first residential University of modern India, Banaras Hindu University (BHU), who could foresee the vital role of technical education in strengthening independent India. Engineering education in BHU started in 1919 with the establishment of Banaras Engineering College (BENCO).
Post : Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
Applications are invited from Indian nationals for the posts of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) to work on ICMR-sponsored projects under the supervision of Dr. Ashish Kumar Agrawal, Department of Pharmaceutical Engineering & Technology, Indian Institute of Technology (BHU), Varanasi, India
Titles of the projects : 1. Folic acid-functionalized drug cocktail loaded lipid Nano-constructs for ameliorating the triple-negative breast cancer therapy
2. Pharmacological exploration and repurposing of an anti-malarial drug for the treatment of triple- negative breast cancer using bovine milk exosomes as a delivery vehicle
Duration : Three years. The post is purely temporary and co-terminus with the project.
Fellowship Amount : Rs. 31,000 + HRA (18%) per month
Essential qualifications : First class degree in M.Pharm / M. S. (Pharm.) / M.Tech (Pharm) / M. Tech in Pharmaceutics / Pharmacology / Biotechnology with GATE/GPAT/CSIR-NET or equivalent qualifications. The candidates should have a basic degree in pharmacy (B. Pharm). The candidates appearing in the final semester of M. Pharm/M.S.(Pharm.)/M. Tech (Pharm)/M. Tech are also eligible. Such candidates need to produce the essential documents justifying qualification in the case of selection.
Desirable qualifications : Candidates with experience in animal handling, western blotting, cell culture, and RT-PCR would be preferred.
Age limit : 28 Years (relaxable for 5 years for SC/ST/Physically Handicapped/Female candidates). All things being equal, SC/ST candidates will be preferred as per GOI rules.
Interested candidates are requested to send their applications in the attached format via email to Principal Investigator, Dr. Ashish Kumar Agrawal at firstname.lastname@example.org as well as on or before 30th September 2023. Please write “Application for JRF” in the subject line of the email. The shortlisted candidates will be intimated by email and called for a personal interview. No TA/DA will be paid if called for an interview.
1. The PI has the discretion to restrict the number of candidates to be called for an interview to a reasonable limit based on qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
2. Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to appear in the interview and no other communications in this regard will be entertained.
3. Original certificates and self-attested copies of all certificates need to be presented before the interview for verification.
4. Venue of Interview: Department of Pharmaceutical Engineering & Technology, IIT (BHU), Varanasi- 221005. E-mail: email@example.com.
5. The application should be strictly according to the attached format.
Dr. Ashish Kumar Agrawal
Department of Pharmaceutical Engineering & Technology, IIT(BHU), Varanasi-221005
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
See All Other Jobs in our Database