Transform your future with a transnational joint PhD from two leading universities. Attractive scholarships available including funded travel to Melbourne, Australian stipend and overseas health cover
• Join our unique collaboration between BITS (Birla Institute of Technology and Science) and RMIT (Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology) offering a PhD program specifically designed for Indian students.
• Experience world-class education combining the research expertise of both institutions and gain exposure to cutting-edge research and research facilities.
• Develop your research skills, network with renowned academics and gain hands-on experience conducting original research.
• Acquire an internationally recognized qualification from an Indian Institute of Eminence University and a top Australian university
• Receive a full RMIT tuition fee scholarship for the duration of your enrolment
• Receive a generous scholarship with nominal tuition fees from BITS
• Benefit from the combined expertise of two leading universities and access world-class research facilities in India and in Melbourne
• Travel to Australia for up to one year of candidature and be supported by an Australian stipend for the duration of your time in Melbourne
Project Details :
Title : Dual Targeting of Pancreatic Lipase and Adipogensis for Obesity Management
Principle Investigators : Prof. Atish T. Paul (BITS Pilani, India) & Prof. Ravi Shukla (RMIT, Australia)
Project objectives : To design, synthesize and evaluate analogs against Pancreatic lipase and UCP1 2for anti-obesity activity using invitro and High Fat Diet (HFD) induced mice model
Qualification : M.Pharmacy / M.S Pharm in Medicinal Chemistry / Pharmaceutical Chemistry / Natural Product Chemistry. Candidates with additional hands-on experience/exposure in analytical techniques / cell culture / animal handling will be preferred.
Fellowship : Students admitted to the BITS RMIT PhD Programme with a higher degree of BITS or its equivalent will receive an institute fellowship of Rs. 45,800/- per month.
To apply for the project : Select project number BITSRMIT24101200 or Select the Pharmaceutical Science & Pharmacology section (Keyword Obesity) available on the projects page.
Closing date : 26 September 2023 (for the January 2024 intake).
See All Other Jobs in our Database