Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) is a not-for-profit Section 8, Schedule B, Public Sector Enterprise, under Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India as an Interface Agency to strengthen and empower the emerging Biotech enterprise to undertake strategic research and innovation, addressing nationally relevant product development needs.
Post : Mission Director
The National Biopharma Mission is an Industry-Academia Collaborative Mission of Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India for Accelerating Early Development for Biopharmaceuticals; to be implemented by Biotechnology Research Assistance Council (BIRAC), a Public Sector Undertaking of DBT. The Mission Director is a Senior Level position requiring strong leadership. The Mission Director will lead the Mission programme at the Program Management Unit (PMU) and be responsible for effective management (organization, planning, execution and evaluation) of the i3 Program. He/She will oversee the establishment and management of strategies, build efficient teams, monitor program progress and ensure financial accuracy. Working closely with global and national thought leaders and scientific experts, the Mission Director will have an opportunity to engage with multiple stakeholders (academia, industry, SMEs) and lead a team of Technical Coordinators to enable accomplishment of activities in alignment with the i3 Program strategy and vision.
▪ Educational qualification – PhD / equivalent in life sciences / biological sciences or allied areas;
▪ Duration of experience - at least 19 years & above of experience, including 5 years of management experience, preferably in the Industry with understanding of product development;
▪ Relevant experience in development of vaccines, biotherapeutics or medical devices/diagnostics.
▪ Knowledge of regulatory requirements for product development
▪ Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
▪ Proven negotiation and issue resolution skills required. Ability to proactively identify and act to resolve project issues, including those related to timing, resources and funding, to prevent delays in project milestones is required
▪ Excellence in team building skills and organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
▪ Experience cultivating partnerships across diverse stakeholders (i.e. potentially across industry collaborations, through governments, or other NGO partnerships) as well as with academia and the start-up ecosystems
▪ Strong marketing and public relations with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
▪ Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate relationships
▪ Knowledge of the national and global ecosystem including in-country needs and opportunities
▪ Ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
▪ Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
▪ Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
Age Limit : 55 years as on Date of Closing of Application
Tenure : The engagement on the position is for a period upto June-2023 or Co-terminus with the Project. The contract shall be renewed depending upon the extension of the Project or the need for continuance of service.
Compensation : Rs.1,50,000/- to Rs.4,20,000/- Lump sum per month depending on the qualifications and experience.
Job Description :
The key responsibilities would include, but are not limited to:
Activity and resource planning:
• Develop and operationalize strategies to ensure efficient and timely execution of the program activities.
• Oversee and ensure the development and implementation of work plans and management systems that result in effective program execution as defined in the Program Implementation Plan.
• Manage day to day activities and take decisions as per the policy framework and guidelines laid down by the Steering Committee.
• Responsible for resource planning for all program investments and ensuring adequate budget provision for smooth implementation of the Program and various components.
Stakeholder and Team Management :
• Synchronize the functions of the various components for achieving Program goals with efficiency and economy.
• Coordinate and engage with various stakeholders, ensuring maintenance of partnership values.
• Link between Steering Committee, Program Technical Advisory Group, Scientific Advisory Groups and the various operational units to ensure efficient flow of information and facilitate inter-linkages between individual components.
• Coordinating and ensuring regular conduct of meetings of various committees as per their respective Terms of Reference;
• Represent the Mission Program to the external world.
• Coordinate with World Bank to provide regular technical and financial updates.
Financial and Legal Management :
• Cost estimating and developing the budget;
• Working with Legal and Finance teams to ensure compliance of all necessary contracts and agreements;
• Ensures the accuracy, integrity, and timeliness of all financial accounting and reporting.
Risk Management :
• Assessment of probable risks and create solutions to address them;
• Flag issues/bottlenecks raised by PMU or any stakeholder grievances and escalate to competent authority for corrective action;
• Ensure effective quality assurance and the overall integrity of the program.
Employees of Central / State Govts and or other CPSEs should send a copy of their applications through proper channel in a sealed envelope at below mentioned address:-
Head [Human Resource & Administration]
Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC)
1st Floor, MTNL Building
9, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road
Last date of submission of application : 12th November,2022
Vacancy Ref. No. BIRAC/PMU/VAC/57/Sep-2022
See All Other Jobs in our Database