NIPER-Guwahati is the only National Institute in Pharmaceutical Sciences in the entire North Eastern Region of our country. It was established in the year of 2008 to provide high-quality pharmaceutical education and research with a focus on the exploitation of natural and synthetic products of this region for drug discovery and development.
NIPER-Guwahati received the approval from Government of India for the establishment of the Incubation Center named Bio-NEST NIPER-Guwahati (North-Eastern Societal aspect for Translational Phytopharmaceutical/ Herbal Research). The center is funded by BIRAC, Department of Biotechnology, Government of India under the Bio-NEST (Bioincubator Nurturing Entrepreneurship for Scaling Technology) Scheme. The Bio-NEST NIPER-Guwahati Incubation Centre is operated and managed by NIPER-Guwahati.
Post : Incubation Manager
Qualifications and Experience : Essential: Ph.D. in Life Sciences / Natural Products or allied areas from a reputed institute with a minimum of 5 years of experience in entrepreneurship development, business development/ alliance integration/ strategy planning in a reputed organization. Working experience related to healthcare and bio-innovation startups. Or First class in Post-Graduation in any life sciences/ pharmaceutical sciences/ chemical sciences/ management sciences with a minimum of 10 years of experience in entrepreneurship development, business development/ alliance integration/ strategy planning in a reputedorganization. Working experience related to healthcare and bio-innovation startups.
• Experience in partnering with other organizations, NGOs, and governmental agencies on collaborative projects at a leadership level with a demonstrated capacity to define objectives and deliverables that enable effective monitoring and evaluation of results.
• Proven success working effectively across traditional disciplinary boundaries in a highly collaborative manner.
• Understanding and experience in activities related to supporting the Startup and Entrepreneurial ecosystem.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with senior leadership and senior policymakers.
• Experience and evidence of implementing the program on innovation right from the conception, design, review, and management of strategies, initiatives, and programs.
• Ability to critically identify and evaluate potential partners, the ability and capacity to decide on and between strategic approaches and tactics by which to achieve desired goals and impact.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with a broad and diverse audience. In addition to the above qualifications, the profile of the candidates shall also be evaluated based on their potential to carry out the respective roles and functions for the position, as defined in Annexure II of this advertisement.
Max. Age limit : 50 Years*
* - Age limits are further relaxable for reserved categories as per GoI norms.
Remuneration : Rs. 75000 to 100000/- (based on the qualification and experience).
a. General administrative activities and articulation of the incubation centre.
b. Preparations for administrative documents required for the incubation centre.
c. Developing and sustaining networking with different stakeholders of the ecosystem.
d. Scouting for incubation proposals.
e. Mentoring and hand-holding the prospective incubatees.
f. Arrangement of suitable mentors & advisors to coordinate mentor incubatee interactions.
g. Formation of expert committees towards screening of the incubation proposals.
h. Facilitation of incubation applicants for raising seed funds.
i. Coordination with traditional healers.
j. Coordination with the funding agencies.
k. Arrangement and documentation for the initiation of incubation by incubatees.
l. Helping the incubatees to set up their lab related to biology.
m. Helping the incubatees in the area related to IPR, Tech Transfer, raising investment, regulatory matters, entity formation, etc.
n. Monitoring the incubatees activity.
o. Coordination with the HoDs/In-charges of other departments of NIPER-G to get support for the incubatees as and when required.
p. Periodic assessment of the resources required such as software, books, equipment, etc. for incubatees and taking initiatives to arrange them.
q. Planning and organizing different outreach and capacity-building programs.
r. Preparation of various reports and getting necessary approvals relevant for the incubation centre.
s. Brand building of incubation centre through various online and offline activities, publications, studies, etc.
t. Monitoring the activities of other team members of the incubation centre and providing necessary instructions relevant to the incubation centre.
How to apply : Before applying, the candidates must thoroughly read this advertisement, along with its annexures. Application in the format given in Annexure - I along with the detailed CV and self-attested copies of Date of birth/ Degrees/ Certificates/ Mark sheets/ Experience Certificates/ Documents, etc., enclosed in an A4-size envelope superscribed as “Application for the Position of Incubation Manager, Bio-NEST” containing the Name and Address of the sender needs to be sent to the following address latest by Monday, 17th October 2022 (5 PM). (No consideration would be given for any delays whatsoever).
The Registrar (i/c),
National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education & Research (NIPER),
Sila Katamur (Halugurisuk), PO. Changsari,
Dt. Kamrup, Assam – 781101
Date of Interview : Shortlisted Candidates shall be notified by email.
Venue of Interview : Walk-in/ Online Mode.
1. Candidates of Indian Nationality can only apply for these posts.
2. Applicants should keep checking the website (www.niperguwahati.ac.in) regularly post their application for the position for relevant updates.
3. Candidates should read carefully the requisite minimum essential qualifications, age and eligibility, experience criteria etc. laid down in the advertisement before applying for the above post. Since all the applications will be screened on the basis of data submitted by the candidate. The candidates must satisfy themselves with the suitability for the position to which they are applying. If at any stage during the recruitment and selection process, it is found that candidates have furnished false or wrong information, their candidature will be rejected.
4. On the recommendation of the Screening/Selection Committee, the competent authority may relax all or any of the requirements related to age and experience in exceptionally meritorious cases.
5. The incumbents will be primarily posted at the campus of NIPER-Guwahati, but may require extensive traveling as per necessity.
6. Application once submitted cannot be altered/ resubmitted, under any circumstances. Further, no request with respect to making changes in any data/ particular entered by the candidate in the application will be entertained, once the application is submitted successfully.
7. Incomplete applications or those without relevant supporting documents (self-attested copies of Date of birth/Degrees/ Certificates/ Mark sheets/Experience Certificates/Documents, etc.) will be rejected.
8. Fulfillment of qualifications and experience is an essential requirement. As stated, the Institute is free to set the benchmark and call only the eligible candidates for the walk - in / online interview. Further, NIPER Guwahati also reserves the right NOT to fill any of the posts advertised, in the event or exigency so decided.
9. Intimations will be sent only by E-mail/host on the website as per the details mentioned in the Application form.
10. CANVASSING IN ANY FORM MAY LEAD TO THE CANCELLATION OF THE CANDIDATURE
11. All appointments shall be on the contract of Six (06) Months or less if the project is terminated earlier. The appointment is against the temporary project positions and will not continue in any circumstances beyond the duration of the said project. Any subsequent contract in the project or another project will be a fresh appointment. The appointment in the outside funded project does not give project staff any claim whatsoever for appointment/regularization against any Institute post.
12. Age will be calculated as on the last date of application i.e. 17.10.2022.
13. List of the Shortlisted candidates will be displayed on the Institute website.
14. In the case of online interviews only, the link for the online interviews will be sent to the shortlisted candidates individually, a day before the interview.
Last Date : Monday, 17th October 2022 (5 PM)
See All Other Jobs in our Database