The history of Jamia Hamdard begins with the establishment of a small Unani clinic in the year 1906 by Hakeem Hafiz Abdul Majeed, one of the well-known practitioners of Unani System of Medicine of his time. Hakeem Hafiz Abdul Majeed had a vision of making the practice of Unani Medicine into a scientific discipline so that Unani medicines could be dispensed in a more efficacious manner to patients. He gave the name Hamdard to his venture which means sympathy for all and sharing of pain. His illustrious son, Hakeem Abdul Hameed, carried forward the philosophy and objectives of Hamdard in independent India.
Post : Assistant Professor
No of Posts : 07 posts
Pharmacognosy - 01
Pharmaceutics - 02
Pharm. Chemistry - 01
Pharmacology - 03
Qualifications and other Requirements :
i) Ph.D. in concerned branch of specialization in Pharmacy as per vacancy mentioned above.
ii) First Class B.Pharm with Masters degree in Pharmacy (M.Pharm) in concerned branch of specialization in Pharmacy (Qualification must be PCI recognized) A PCI recognized Pharm.D degree holder shall also be eligible for the posts of Lecturer/Assistant Professor in the subjects of Pathophysiology, Pharmacology and Pharmacy practice as per UGC/PCI norms. iii) Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET/GPAT/GATE or who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET/SLET/SET :
Provided, the candidates registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Bye-laws/Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree and such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions:-
a) The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in a regular mode;
b) The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners;
c) An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
d) The Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work, out of which at least one is in a refereed journal;
e) The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph.D work in conferences/seminars sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC / ICSSR/ CSIR or any similar agency.
The fulfilment of these conditions is to be certified by the Registrar or Dean (Academic Affairs), as applicable, of the University concerned.
Note : NET/SLET/SET shall not be mandatory for such Masters Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET.
B. The Ph.D degree has been obtained from a foreign university/institution with a ranking among top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by any one of the following: (i) Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) (ii) the Times Higher Education (THE) or (iii) the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai).
Other Terms & Conditions
• Mere fulfilment of the minimum qualification and experience shall not entail a candidate to be short-listed for the interview.
• Jamia Hamdard may laydown criteria in order to short-list candidates to meet the academic and research quality standards. Shortlisting of candidates may be done on the basis of API score, if applicable, as per UGC/Regulatory Bodies norms.
• Jamia Hamdard reserves right to increase or decrease number of the vacancies and also may not fill up the few or all the vacancies as it may deem necessary in view of emerging circumstances. Jamia Hamdard may consider the candidature of the candidates who did not apply, if found suitable.
• Counting of past services and experience will be as per the UGC Regulations on Minimum Qualifications for Appointment of Teachers and other Academic Staff in Universities and Colleges and Measures for the Maintenance of Standards in Higher Education, 2018 and other provisions adopted by Jamia Hamdard, if any, in this regard.
• Interview/interaction, if required, may also be conducted online.
• Canvassing in any form will lead to outright rejection of the applications.
• Incomplete applications in any respect will not be entertained by the Jamia Hamdard.
• No correspondence, whatsoever, will be entertained from candidates regarding conduct and result of interview and reasons for not being called for interview or selection.
• All qualifications must be from UGC recognized University/ Deemed to be University/ Regulatory Body approved Autonomous Institution (wherever applicable). The courses offered by autonomous institutions should be equivalent to the relevant course approved/ recognized by Association of Indian University (AIU).
• The applications for the position(s) may reach the office of the Assistant Registrar, Establishment Section, Jamia Hamdard, Hamdard Nagar, New Delhi – 110 062 on or before 30th September, 2021 through speed post/registered post/courier only, superscribing on the top of the envelope, the post applied with the subject, advertisement number & date. The application must accompany a fee of Rs. 500/- (Rupees Five Hundred only) in form of Demand Draft drawn in favour of “JAMIA HAMDARD” payable at New Delhi. The application without the valid fee will not be entertained.
• Applications received after the last date will not be considered and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
• Candidates are advised to visit the website of Jamia Hamdard on regular basis (Jamiahamdard.edu) for updates, amendments, corrigendum (if any), will be placed on the Jamia Hamdard website only.
NOTE : Applications for the positions may be submitted through proper channel, if applicable. In case there is a delay, the Applicant may submit an advance Copy of the Application. However, they have to submit No Objection Certificate (NOC) at the time of interview/Selection Committee.
See All Other Jobs in our Database