Institute of Nano Science and Technology (INST), Mohali (Punjab), an autonomous institution of the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India, has been established under the umbrella of NANO MISSION, initiated by DST to boost research and development in the field of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology in India. INST started its activities on 3rd January 2013 from its transit campus at Mohali, Punjab. In the December of 2020, the institute shifted to its state-of-the-art new campus sprawling over 35 acres of land, at Knowledge City, Sector-81 (Mohali, Punjab). Research activities at INST encompass physics, chemistry, biology, and interdisciplinary sciences addressing problems in the field of energy, environment, quantum materials, nano-devices, and chemical biology.
Institute of Nano Science and Technology (INST), Mohali invites applications from prospective candidates for admission into its Ph. D. Program in several areas of nanoscience and nanotechnology for the session beginning in January 2022. Selected students will be provided fellowship as per the norms of INST and Government of India. Students with an independent source of fellowship, such as CSIR/UGC-JRF, are also encouraged to apply. Selected students will be enrolled in the Ph. D. program of Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Mohali and the Ph. D. degree will be awarded by IISER, Mohali.
• M. Sc. or M. Pharm. or M. Tech. in Basic or Applied Sciences, Engineering or related areas. Students who have appeared for the final year/semester examinations are also eligible, provided that the degree will be granted by the time of joining.
• Qualified at least one national examination out of GATE, CSIR/UGC-NET, JEST, JGEEBILS (TIFR/ NCBS), ICMR-JRF, DBT-JRF, DST-INSPIRE or GPAT.
• Age limit: As per the guidelines of CSIR-UGC and DST.
APPLICATION & SELECTION PROCEDURE
• Candidates must submit application in the prescribed format available.
• In addition to the above application, the candidates are required to submit an online synopsis.
• A hard copy of application (affixing a recent passport size photograph) along with the self-attested copy of certificates proving age, educational qualifications, experience (if any) and reservation category should be sent to “The Director, Institute of Nano Science and Technology, Knowledge City, Sector 81, Mohali 140306 (Punjab). The envelope containing the application form should be super scribed as “Application for the Ph. D. Program – January 2022”.
• Eligible candidates will be shortlisted for interview and the date and mode of interview will be communicated to the email address provided by candidate. The list of shortlisted candidates will also be uploaded on INST website.
• Ph. D. interviews will be conducted online and the link for the same will be provided prior to the interview. In case the interviews are conducted in person, the candidates called for interview will be paid sleeper class rail fare or non-AC bus fare from the place of residence to INST and back on production of ticket.
• After the interview, the list of candidates selected for Ph. D. will be uploaded on INST website and the candidates will be intimated by email.
• The candidate are advised to visit INST website frequently to track the latest developments.
• Selection of students shall be done as per the provisions of The Central Educational Institutions (Reservation in Admission) Act, 2006 and amendments made thereto.
• Rs.590/- for General, OBC and EWS candidates, and Rs.295/- for SC, ST and PH candidates.
• Application fees may be transferred online to the bank account of INST noted below. Full name of the applicant shall be mentioned as the purpose of transaction. The details of the online transaction should be attached along with the application.
Account Name : Director, INST Mohali
Account number : 2452201001102
IFS code : CNRB0002452
Bank : Canara Bank, Sector 34A, Chandigarh 160022
• The duly filled applications along with the supporting documents should reach INST through Registered/ Speed Post/ Courier/ By Hand on or before 04th October 2021.
• Applications received after the last date shall not be entertained in any case.
See All Other Jobs in our Database