The National Institute of Immunology is committed to advanced research addressing the basic mechanisms involved in body's defence to identify modalities for manipulation of the immune system to provide protection against diseases and understand mechanisms that can be used to target disease processes for intervention. The institute’s research thrust areas under immunology and related disciplines cluster in four main themes, namely, infection and immunity, molecular design, gene regulation and reproduction and development, where cutting edge research in modern biology is being carried out.
Post : Research Associate-II (One position only)
Applications are invited for the position of Research Associate-II for the following time-bound sponsored project as per the details given below.
Name of the project & Duration of the Project : Project entitled “Translational Research Consortium for Establishing Platform Technologies to Support Prophylactic and Therapeutic Strategies for Dengue Discovery to proof-of-Concept” funded by BIRAC, National Biopharma Mission, India Tenable till : 12.05.2023
Name of the Project Investigator and Email ID : Dr. Nimesh Gupta SS-V firstname.lastname@example.org (The candidate may apply to the above-mentioned email address by and mention “Research Associate-II” in the subject of email.
Educational Qualifications : PhD in Life Sciences preferably with one year of research experience in Immunology with good academic record. Candidate should have demonstrated aptitude in terms of publications in peer reviewed journals.
Emoluments : The selected candidates will draw consolidated emoluments as per DST OM dated 30.01.2019. Rs. 49,000 /- per month plus 24% HRA
Job description & Desired Knowledge : The selected candidate is expected to work on the cutting-edge human T-cell immunology for dengue vaccine development. Most of the work will utilize PBMCs and serum as the sample from dengue patients enrolled under this study.
Interested candidate should have demonstrated skills in clinical immunology research.
Hands-on experience in Flow Cytometry, Cell sorting using magnetic columns and FACS, human primary cell culture, PBMC handling, cloning RNA isolation and quantitative real-time PCR is essential. Candidates with proven experience in the human immunology research of Vaccines or virus infection will be preferred.
General Terms & Conditions
1. The candidates selected for the above posts will be on contract for one year or duration of the project whichever is shorter, at a time.
2. Hostel/ housing facility will be provided to the female candidates, subject to availability.
3. Applicants may clearly mention the category they belong to i.e. SC/ST/OBC/PH and attach documentary proof of the same.
4. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview, if called for.
5. Apart from sending application in the prescribed format given below, candidates should send complete Curriculum Vitae along with the names of three referees. Curriculum Vitae should contain details of the experimental expertise and list of publications.
6. Shortlisted candidates will be intimated by email about the date and time of Interviews. Interviews of shortlisted candidates will be held through online video conferencing tools.
7. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates may apply directly, STRICTLY IN THE PRESCRIBED FORMAT GIVEN BELOW, through e-mail, to the Investigator of the project, clearly indicating the name of the project along with their complete CV, contact details and three recommendation letters. All the necessary documents should be send as one PDF file. The PDF file should be named as – ‘Name of applicant_Position applied’. Only Short listed candidates will be called for interview and they required to submit, attested copies of all their certificates and a Demand Draft of Rs 100/- drawn on Canara Bank or Indian Bank payable at Delhi/New Delhi in favour of the Director, NII (SC/ST/PH and Women candidates are exempted from payment of fees, subject to submission of documentary proof), at the time of interview.
LAST DATE OF RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS : 15.09.2021
See All Other Jobs in our Database