Pharmacy Recruitment at Bank of India | 10 posts
Bank of India was founded on 7th September, 1906 by a group of eminent businessmen from Mumbai. The Bank was under private ownership and control till July 1969 when it was nationalised along with 13 other banks. Beginning with one office in Mumbai, with a paid-up capital of Rs.50 lakh and 50 employees, the Bank has made a rapid growth over the years and blossomed into a mighty institution with a strong national presence and sizable international operations. In business volume, the Bank occupies a premier position among the nationalised banks. The Bank has over 5000 branches in India spread over all states/ union territories including specialized branches. These branches are controlled through 55 Zonal Offices and 8 NBG Offices. There are 60 branches/ offices and 5 Subsidaries and 1 joint venture abroad.
Post : Tech Appraisal
No of Posts : 10 (SC-3, ST-1, OBC-2, GEN-4)
Scale of Pay : MMGS-II 31705-1145/1- 32850-1310/10-45950
Age as on 01.09.2020 : 20-35 years
Note: The above vacancies are inclusive of backlog. The number of vacancies and also the number of reserved vacancies is provisional and may vary according to actual requirements of the Bank.
The designation / name of the post are only indicative as per respective scale and same does not intend to confer any special advantages to the selected candidate. The bank reserves the right to change the name of post / designation at any time without notice.
Educational Qualifications :
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering in one of the streams mentioned below OR Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with Masters/PG Diploma in one of the streams mentioned below from a premier institute/university recognized by Government of India:
i. Infrastructure Engineering
ii. Power Plant Engineering
iii. Power Transmission & Distribution Systems
iv. Metallurgical / Materials Science Engineering
v. Construction Technology
vi. Textile Engineering
vii. Pharmacy / Pharmaceutical Engineering
viii. Semiconductors Engineering/Technology
ix. Oil and Gas Engineering
x. Chemical Engineeringxi.Plastics/Polymer Engineering/Technology
xii. Industrial Engineering
xiii. Production Engineering
Work Experience : Post Qualification Experience: minimum 3 years AND Out of above 3 years, minimum 1 year experience should be in core industrial sectors listed in column ‘Educational Qualifications’ (related to educational qualification).
Eligibility Criteria (as on 01.09.2020)
Candidates, intending to apply for above post should ensure that they fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria specified by Bank for respective post: Please note that the eligibility criteria specified herein are the basic criteria for applying for the post. Candidates must necessarily produce the relevant documents pertaining to category, nationality, age, educational qualifications, work experience etc. in original along with a photocopy thereof in support of their identity and eligibility as indicated in the online application form at the time of interview and any subsequent stage of the recruitment process as required by the Bank. Please note that no change of category as well as any other details will be permitted at any stage after registration of the online application. Merely applying / appearing and being shortlisted in the interview and/or subsequent processes does not imply that a candidate will necessarily be offered employment. No request for considering the candidature under any category other than the one in which one has applied will be entertained.
I. Nationality / Citizenship: A candidate must be either -
(i) a Citizen of India or
(ii) a subject of Nepal or
(iii) a subject of Bhutan or
(iv) a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
(v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Posting : Any where in India
Selection will be through online test and/or GD and/or personal interview, depending on the number of applicants/eligible candidates. I. ONLINE EXAMINATION - The structure of online examination will be as under:
1. English Language - 50
2. Professional Knowledge - 75
3. General Awareness with special reference to Banking Industry - 50
Duration : Composite Time of 150 Minutes
Bank reserves the right to modify the structure of the examination which will be intimated through its authorised website. Other detailed information regarding the examination will be given in an Information Handout, which will be made available for the candidates to download along with the call letters from the authorised website bankofindia.co.in The above tests except the Test of English Language will be available bilingually, i.e. English and Hindi. The test of English Language will be of qualifying nature i.e. Marks obtained in English Language will not be added while preparing merit List. Qualifying marks stipulated above are for General/EWS Category candidates. Candidates belonging to the Category SC/ST/OBC/PWD, filling in vacancies reserved for the relevant category, will be entitled to a relaxation of 5% marks in relation to that stipulated for General/EWS category candidates.
Penalty for Wrong Answers : There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score. If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate; there will be no penalty for that question.
INTERVIEW : Merit list of the candidates based on the marks obtained by them in online examination (marks obtained in General Awareness with special reference to Banking Industry and Professional Knowledge paper) will be prepared in descending order for the respective categories i.e. SC/ST/OBC/EWS/GEN. Candidates securing the minimum qualifying marks stipulated for Online Tests and ranking sufficiently high in the order of merit shall be called for Personal interview and/or GD. Mere passing in the Online Test shall not vest any right to a candidate for being called for Personal Interview/GD. In case of equal marks by two or more candidates, the merit order of such group of candidates will be on the basis of Date of Birth i.e. Candidate senior in age will be placed higher in the merit List.
The Bank may conduct the selection process only on the basis of Interview/GD without holding online test. Accordingly, if online examination is not conducted, adequate number of candidates as decided by the Bank will be shortlisted for the interview based on their qualification, experience, and overall suitability for the post. The total marks allotted for Interview are 100. The minimum qualifying marks for the General/EWS category candidates will be 40% and for SC/ST/OBC/PWD is 35%. The candidates called for the interview will be at the ratio of 3:1 to the number of vacancies. However, Bank may increase the said ratio at its discretion.
How to Apply detailed Guidelines/Procedures
A. APPLICATION REGISTRATION
B. PAYMENT OF FEES
C. PHOTOGRAPH & SIGNATURE SCAN AND UPLOAD
Candidates can apply only online from 16.09.2020 to 30.09.2020 and no other mode of application will be accepted.
IMPORTANT POINTS TO BE NOTED BEFORE REGISTRATION
Before applying online, candidates should:
(i) Scan their photograph and signature ensuring that both the photograph and signature adhere to the required specifications as given under Guideline for photograph & signature scan and upload.
(ii) Have a valid personal email ID and mobile no., which should be kept active till the completion of this Recruitment Process. Bank may send call letters for the Online Examination/Interview etc. through the registered e-mail ID. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create his/her new e-mail ID and mobile no. before applying on-line and must maintain that email account and mobile number.
(iii) APPLICATION FEES/ INTIMATION CHARGES (NON REFUNDABLE)
PAYMENT OF FEE ON LINE : 16.09.2020 to 30.09.2020 (Both days inclusive)
SC/ST/PWD : Rs. 175/- (INTIMATION CHARGES ONLY)
GENERAL & OTHERS : Rs. 850/- (APPLICATION FEE + INTIMATION CHARGES)
Bank Transaction charges for Online Payment of application fees/intimation charges will have to be borne by the candidate.
Application Procedure Candidates are required to go to the Bank’s website bankofindia.co.in and click on the ‘CAREER’ and then click on the link “Recruitment of Officers in various streams upto Scale IV- Project No. 2020-21/2 Notice dated 01.09.2020”. This will open a new window. In this window click on “APPLY ONLINE”
(i) Option “APPLY ONLINE” which will open a new screen.
(ii) To register application, choose the tab “Click here for New Registration” and enter Name, Contact details and Email-id. A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the Provisional Registration Number and Password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent.
(iii) In case the candidate is unable to complete the application form in one go, he / she can save the data already entered by choosing “SAVE AND NEXT” tab. Prior to submission of the online application candidates are advised to use the “SAVE AND NEXT” facility to verify the details in the online application form and modify the same if required. Visually Impaired candidates should fill the application form carefully and verify/ get the details verified to ensure that the same are correct prior to final submission.
(iv) Candidates are advised to carefully fill and verify the details filled in the online application themselves as no change will be possible/ entertained after clicking the FINAL SUBMIT BUTTON.
(v) The Name of the candidate or his /her Father/ Husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the Certificates/ Mark sheets. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
(vi) Validate your details and Save your application by clicking the ‘Validate your details’ and ‘Save & Next’ button.
(vii) Candidates can proceed to upload Photo & Signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature detailed under point “C”.
(viii) Candidates can proceed to fill other details of the Application Form.
(ix) Click on the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before FINAL SUBMIT.
(x) Modify details, if required, and click on ‘FINAL SUBMIT’ ONLY after verifying and ensuring that the photograph, signature uploaded and other details filled by you are correct.
(xi) Click on ‘Payment’ Tab and proceed for payment.
[B] PAYMENT OF FEES (ONLINE MODE ONLY)
1. The application form is integrated with the payment gateway and the payment process can be completed by following the instructions.
2. The payment can be made by using only Master/ Visa Debit or Credit cards or Internet Banking.
3. After submitting your payment information in the online application form, PLEASE WAIT FOR THE INTIMATION FROM THE SERVER. DO NOT PRESS BACK OR REFRESH BUTTON IN ORDER TO AVOID DOUBLE CHARGE
4. On successful completion of the transaction, an e-Receipt will be generated.
5. Non-generation of ’E-Receipt’ indicates PAYMENT FAILURE. On failure of payment, Candidates are advised to login again using their Provisional Registration Number and Password and repeat the process of payment.
6. Candidates are required to take a printout of the e-Receipt and online Application Form. Please note that if the same cannot be generated online transaction may not have been successful.
7. For Credit Card users: All charges are listed in Indian Rupee. If you use a non-Indian credit card, your bank will convert to your local currency based on prevailing exchange rates.
8. To ensure the security of your data, please close the browser window once your transaction is completed.
GUIDELINES FOR PHOTOGRAPH & SIGNATURE SCAN AND UPLOAD
- In Case The Face In The Photograph Or Signature Is Unclear, The Application May Be Rejected.
- Candidate May Edit The Application And Re-Upload The Photograph/ Signature In Such Case.
• Photograph must be a recent passport size colour picture.
• The picture should be in colour, against a light-coloured, preferably white, background.
• Look straight at the camera with a relaxed face.
• If the picture is taken on a sunny day, have the sun behind you, or place yourself in the shade, so that you are not squinting and there are no harsh shadows.
• If you have to use flash, ensure there's no "red-eye".
• If you wear glasses make sure that there are no reflections and your eyes can be clearly seen.
• Caps, hats and dark glasses are not acceptable. Religious headwear is allowed but it must not cover your face.
• Dimensions 200 x 230 pixels (preferred).
• Size of file should be between 20kb-50kb.
• Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 50KB. If the size of the file is more than 50KB, then adjust the settings of the scanner such as the DPI resolution, no. of colours etc., during the process of scanning.
• The applicant has to sign on white paper with Black Ink pen.
• The signature must be signed only by the applicant and not by any other person.
• If the Applicant's signature on the answer script, at the time of the examination, does not match the signature on the Attendance Sheet, the applicant will be disqualified.
• Dimensions 140 x 60 pixels (preferred).
• Size of file should be between 10kb —20kb.
• Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 20KB.
SCANNING THE PHOTOGRAPH & SIGNATURE:
• Set the scanner resolution to a minimum of 200 dpi (dots per inch).
• Set Colour to True Colour.
• File Size as specified above.
• Crop the image in the scanner to the edge of the photograph/signature, then use the upload editor to crop the image to the final size (as specified above).
• The image file should be JPG or JPEG format. An example file name is: image01 .jpg or image01 .jpeg Image dimensions can be checked by listing the folder files or moving the mouse over the file image icon. Candidates using MS Windows/MS Office can easily obtain photo and signature in .jpeg format not exceeding 50KB & 20KB respectively by using MS Paint or MS Office Picture Manager. Scanned photograph and signature in any format can be saved in .jpg format by using 'Save As' option in the File menu and size can be reduced below 50KB (photograph) & 20KB (signature) by using crop and then resize option [Please see point (i) & (ii) above for the pixel size] in the 'Image' menu. Similar options are available in other photo editor also.
If the file size and format are not as prescribed, an error message will be displayed.
While filling in the Online Application Form the candidate will be provided with a link to upload his photograph and signature.
Procedure for Uploading the Photograph and Signature
• There will be two separate links for uploading Photograph and Signature.
• Click on the respective link “Upload Photograph / Signature".
• Browse & Select the location where the Scanned Photo/ Signature file has been saved.
• Select the file by clicking on it.
• Click the 'Upload' button. Page 18 of 31 After completing the procedure of applying on-line including payment of fees, the candidate should take a printout of the system generated on-line application form, ensure the particulars filled in are accurate and retain it along with Registration Number and Password for future reference. They should not send this printout to Bank.
Please note that all the particulars mentioned in the online application including Name of the Candidate, Category, Date of Birth, Post Applied for, Address, Mobile Number, Email ID, Qualifications, Centre of Examination etc. will be considered as final and no change/modifications will be allowed after submission of the online application form. Candidates are hence requested to fill in the online application form with the utmost care as no correspondence regarding change of any details will be entertained.
Bank will not be responsible for any consequences arising out of furnishing of incorrect and incomplete details in the application or omission to provide the required details in the application form. It is for the candidate to ensure that he / she has met with the eligibility criteria and complied with the requirements and adhered to the instructions contained in this advertisement as well as in the application form. Candidates are, therefore, urged to carefully read the advertisement and complete the application form and submit the same as per instructions given in this regard. Even if the last date of registration is changed due to technical reasons, the valid dates for payment of application fee will not be changed. Payment of fee by Demand Draft / Cheque / Money Orders / Postal Orders etc. will not be accepted. After registration the application printout need not be sent to the Bank. The said application and copies of required documents mentioned above should be kept ready for submission at the time of interview.
Candidates serving in Government / Public Sector Undertakings will be required to submit “No Objection Certificate” from their employer, in the absence of which their candidature will not be considered and will be cancelled for non-submission of NOC. Please note that all the particulars mentioned in the online application including Name of the Candidate, Category, Date of Birth, Post Applied For, Address, Mobile Number, Email ID, Centre of Examination etc. will be considered as final and no change/modifications will be allowed after submission of the online application form.
Candidates are hence requested to fill in the online application form with the utmost care as no correspondence regarding change of details will be entertained. An email/ SMS intimation with the Registration Number and Password generated on successful registration of the application will be sent to the candidate’s email ID/ Mobile Number specified in the online application form as a system generated acknowledgement. If candidates do not receive the email and SMS intimations at the email ID/ Mobile number specified by them, they may consider that their online application has not been successfully registered.
An online application which is incomplete in any respect such as without photograph and signature uploaded in the online application form will not be considered as valid. Candidates are advised in their own interest to apply on-line much before the closing date and not to wait till the last date of registration of application to avoid the possibility of disconnection/ inability/ failure to log on to the BANK website on account of heavy load on internet/website jam. Bank does not assume any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their applications within the last date on account of the aforesaid reasons or for any other reason beyond the control of the Bank. Please note that the above procedure is the only valid procedure for applying. No other mode of application or incomplete steps would be accepted and such applications would be rejected.
Any information submitted by an applicant in his/ her application shall be binding on the candidate personally and he/she shall be liable for prosecution/ civil consequences in case the information/ details furnished by him/ her are found to be false at a later stage
(1) Candidates will have to invariably produce and submit the requisite documents such as valid call letter, a photocopy of photo-identity proof bearing the same name as it appears on the online submitted application form etc. at the time of examination and interview respectively.
(2) Before applying for the mentioned posts, the candidate should ensure that he/she fulfils the eligibility and other norms mentioned in this advertisement. Candidates are therefore to carefully read this advertisement and follow all the instructions given for submitting online application. It is the primary responsibility of the candidate to ensure that he/she belongs to the Caste/Tribe as mentioned by him/her in online application.
(3) A Candidate’s admission to the examination/ shortlisting for interview and/ subsequent process is strictly provisional. The mere fact that the call letter(s) has been issued to the candidate does not imply that his/ her candidature has been finally cleared by Bank. Bank would be free to reject any application, at any stage of the process, cancel the candidature of the candidate in case it is detected at any stage that a candidate does not fulfil the eligibility norms and/or that he/she has furnished any incorrect/false information/certificate/documents or has suppressed any material fact(s). If candidature of any candidate is rejected for any reasons according to the terms and conditions of this advertisement, no further representation in this regard will be entertained. If any of these shortcomings is/are detected after appointment his/her services are liable to be summarily terminated.
(4) Decision of Bank in all matters relating to selection process will be final and binding on the candidate. No correspondence or personal enquiries shall be entertained by the Bank in this behalf.
(5) Not more than one application should be submitted by any candidate. In case of multiple Applications only the latest valid (completed) application will be retained and the application fee/ intimation charges paid for the other multiple registration(s) will stand forfeited. The scribe arranged by the candidate should not be a candidate for the examination. If violation of the above is detected at any stage of the process, candidature of both the candidate and the scribe will be cancelled. Multiple attendance/ appearances in the online examination and/or interview will be summarily rejected/ candidature cancelled.
(6) Online applications once registered will not be allowed to be withdrawn and/or the application fee/ intimation charges once paid will not be refunded nor be held in reserve for any other examination.
(7) Any resulting dispute arising out of this advertisement including the recruitment process shall be subject to the sole jurisdiction of the Courts situated at Mumbai.
(8) Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
(9) No request for change of address, or changes in any other details mentioned in the online application form will be entertained.
(10) In case any dispute arises on account of interpretation of clauses in any version of this advertisement other than English, the English version available on Banks website shall prevail.
(11) A candidate should ensure that the signatures appended by him/her in all the places viz. in his/her call letter, attendance sheet etc. and in all correspondences with the Bank in future should be identical and there should be no variation of any kind. Signature in CAPITAL LETTERS will not be acceptable.
(12) A recent, recognizable photograph should be uploaded by the candidate in the online application form and the candidate should ensure that copies of the same are retained for use at various stages of the process. Candidates are also advised not to change their appearance till the process is completed. Failure to produce the same photograph at various stages of the process/ doubt about identity at any stage could lead to disqualification.
(13) The possibility of occurrence of some problem in the administration of the examination cannot be ruled out completely which may impact test delivery and/or result from being generated. In that event, every effort will be made to rectify such problem, which may include movement of candidates, delay in test. Conduct of a re-exam is at the absolute discretion of Bank. Candidates will not have any claim for a re-test. Candidates not willing to move or not willing to participate in the delayed process of test delivery shall be summarily rejected from the process.
(14) Candidates will have to appear for the interview at their own expense. However, eligible outstation SC/ST/Persons with Benchmark Disabilities category candidates called for interview will be paid IInd class to & fro railway/ bus fare or actual expenses incurred, whichever is less, by shortest route on production of proof of travel (rail/ bus ticket etc.). The above concession will not be admissible to SC/ST/Persons with Benchmark Disabilities category candidates who are already in service in Central / State Government, Corporations, Public Undertakings / Local Government, Institutions and Panchayats etc.
(15) Bank shall not be responsible for any application made/ wrong information provided by an unauthorized person / institution. Candidates are advised not to share their application details with anyone.
(16) Appointment of provisionally selected candidates is subject to his/her being declared medically fit, as per any other requirements of the Bank and also subject to service and conduct rules of the Bank. Decision of Bank will be final and binding on candidates.
(17) Bank reserves the right to change (cancel/ modify/add) any of the criteria, method of selection etc. with or without assigning any reason.
(18) Intimations will be sent by email and/ sms only to the email ID and mobile number registered in the online application form. Bank shall not be responsible if the information/ intimations do not reach candidates in case of change in the mobile number, email address, technical fault or otherwise, beyond the control of Bank. Candidates are advised to keep a close watch on the authorised Bank website www.bankofindia.co.in for latest updates.
(19) The candidates are required to follow all the Guidelines regarding Social Distancing Mode of Exam given in this advertisement and subsequently. Any violation may result in cancellation of candidature.
(20) Use of Mobile Phones, pagers, calculator or any such devices:
(a) Mobile phones, pagers or any other communication devices are not allowed inside the premises where the examination is being conducted. Any infringement of these instructions shall entail cancellation of candidature and disciplinary action including ban from future examinations.
(b) Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the banned items including mobile phones/ pagers to the venue of the examination, as arrangement for their safekeeping cannot be assured.
(c) Candidates are not permitted to use or have in possession calculators in examination premises.
SECURITY DEPOSIT :
Selected candidates will be required to deposit a specified amount as security deposit refundable after 3 years of satisfactory service (the said amount shall be forfeited in case he/she leaves the Bank before completion of 3 years) as under :
Officers in JMGS-I : Rs.1,00,000/-
Officers in MMGS-II : Rs.2,00,000/-
Officers in MMGS-III & above : Rs.3,00,000/-
Submission of on – line application commencing from : 16.09.2020
Last date for submission of on – line application : 30.09.2020
Relevant date for Age and Qualification : 01.09.2020
Tentative Date of Online Examination : Will be advised separately
See All Other Jobs in our Database