Application for post of Consultant at National Institute of Nutrition
National Institute of Nutrition (NIN) was founded by Sir Robert McCarrison in the year 1918 as ‘Beri-Beri’ Enquiry Unit in a single room laboratory at the Pasteur Institute, Coonoor, Tamil Nadu. Within a short span of seven years, this unit blossomed into a "Deficiency Disease Enquiry" and later in 1928, emerged as full-fledged "Nutrition Research Laboratories" (NRL) with Dr. McCarrison as its first Director. It was shifted to Hyderabad in 1958.At the time of its golden jubilee in 1969, it was renamed as National Institute of Nutrition (NIN).
Post : Consultant (Bioinformatics)
Applications are invited from eligible candidates through email for the following positions on the project entitled “Indian Nutrition Report (INR)”, funded by MWCD (POSHAN Abhiyaan) for further analysis and compilation of the project report at this Institute.
Essential Qualifications : Ph.D. in Bioinformatics plus 1 year working experience in the area of health and nutrition databases, analysis of scientific databases in reputed organizations.
Desirable : Work experience on Bioinformatics/statistical packages with publications in relevant areas.
Age : Below 70 years.
Consolidated emoluments : Rs.60,000/- per month fixed without any allowances.
Tenure : 6 months.
Place of work : ICMR-NIN, Hyderabad
Selection Procedure: After verification of the applications, the names of eligible candidates list will be displayed on the official website nin.res.in. Interviews will be conducted for the shortlisted candidates through online (Video call/ Video-Conferencing) to select suitable candidates in later course. The candidates have to make their own arrangements for Video Call/ Video-Conferencing facilities for Online Interviews The link will be sent to the shortlisted candidates for online interviews. The applicants are advised to visit above mentioned website regularly for any updates and changes in the recruitment process.
Terms and conditions:
1) The above position is on temporary contract basis.
2) The Director & Appointing Authority has the right to accept/ reject any application without assigning any reason(s) and no correspondence in this matter will be entertained.
3) Age, qualifications, etc., will be reckoned as on the date of Written Test/ Interview.
4) The appointment can be terminated with one month notice from either side without assigning any reason.
5) Since, the post is temporary, the incumbents selected will have no claim for regular appointment at ICMR-NIN or continuation of his/ her services in any other project.
6) Other allowances like CCA, LTC, Medical Claim and PF are not applicable.
7) The results of the final selection will be placed on ICMR-NIN website only. No intimation will be sent by e-mail or phone
6) The recruited project staff is eligible for leave as per project recruitment rules and will have to give an undertaking before joining.
8) At the time of joining duty, the candidates should bring all original certificates of educational qualifications (from SSC onwards), Experience, Aadhaar Card, Community and PH Certificates (if applicable), passport size photograph along with one set of photocopies of the certificates duly attested (can be self attested) for verification.
9) The conditions of employment will be the same as that of the project staff on contract basis.
10) Canvassing in any form will lead to disqualification.
Applications will be received from the individuals by email to email@example.com upto 20th September, 2020. Applications received after due date will not be considered under any circumstances. The candidates have to download the application form nin.res.in and fill it with his/her own handwriting and send the same to the above mail along with supporting documents of essential qualifications (scanned copies).
Note: The Candidates should mention the Post Name and Advt.No. in the E-mail Subject. All the documents including Application should be merged in one file. Resumes or CV’s without Application will not be accepted.
See All Other Jobs in our Database