Indo-U.S. GENOME ENGINEERING/EDITINGTECHNOLOGY INITIATIVE (GETin) PROGRAM
Acknowledging importance of strategies & techniques in genome modification, as modern day essential tools for research & development, the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Govt, of India along with the Indo-U.S. Science & Technology Forum (IUSSTF) announces fellowship program between Indian Institutes and premier U.S. Universities, in significant areas of Genome Engineering / Editing Technology (GETin).
• Indian citizens currently pursuing Ph.D. on a full-time basis in various forefront disciplines of biotechnology (agriculture, health sciences, bio-engineering, biomedical, fundamental biology or allied fields) at a public-funded R&D lab / S&T Institute / recognized academic institute / University/College in India.
• For a period of up to 6 months
• Age: Upto 32 years as on 31 December 2019
• Indian citizens having Ph.D. in Life Science, Biotechnology, Engineering or Technology, holding a regular position in public funded R&D Lab / S&T Institution / recognized Universities/ Colleges in India.
• For a period of up to 5 weeks to 12 months
• Age: Upto 45 years as on 31 December 2019
• U.S. Faculty or Foreign Post Docs presently working in U.S. (for at least two years) in a field having an interface with Genome Engineering / Editing Technologies.
• Applicant should possess Ph.D., M.D, M.S or equivalent degree with outstanding track record as evident though publications and other recognitions
• For a period of 2-3 months
• Age: Up to 60 years as on 31 December 2019
PROGRAM IS ENVISAGED TO
• Provide opportunity to best and brightest Indian students and scientists to gain exposure and access to world class research facilities in leading U.S. institutions;
• Promote research and capacity building
• Encourage and motivate outstanding students to take up research as a career path;
• Create attractive avenues for skilled overseas researchers to pursue R&D in Indian or to mentor Indian scientist (s); and,
• Pave way for the next generation scientists and technologists from India to interact with American peers, in the frontline area of Genome Engineering / Editing Technology; thus helping to build long-term R&D linkages and collaborations.
FELLOWSHIP / INTERNSHIP INCLUDES:
• Monthly Stipend
• Contingency Allowance
• Health Insurance
For proposal Guidelines and format visit: Website: iusstf.org or write to email@example.com
See All Other Jobs in our Database