NII- Young Investigator (NII-YI) Awards for Scientists
Applications are invited from young scientists with outstanding track records, below the age of 35 years, for the NII-Young Investigator Award, to undertake cutting-edge research in fundamental or translational research in immunological and related sciences, under the mentorship of a faculty member.
1) Eligibility: The applicant should possess any of the following degrees:-
(i) Ph.D in Science (Life Sciences, Chemical Science, Veterinary Science, Bio-physics, Pharmacy) or an M.D. degree from any recognized University or equivalent Institute other than NII with 65% marks through-out the academic career.
(ii) Should have at least one first-authored publication in a Journal of Impact Factor more than 4.
(iii) Age Limit - Should be below the age of 35 years on the date on which the application is received in NII. However age relaxation of 5 years would be given to scientists belonging to SC/ST/Physically Handicapped categories, 3 years to scientists belonging to OBC category and 2 years for women scientists. In case of exceptionally outstanding candidates, the Director shall have the flexibility to relax the upper age limit.
2) Duration: The duration of the Award shall be for a period of 2 years initially, extendable by one more year subject to highly favorable review of the work being carried out by the awardee.
3) Stipend/Funding: The Young Investigator Award will carry a consolidated stipend of Rs 40,000 p.m. for the first two years of the award, and a consolidated stipend of Rs. 50,000 p.m. in the third year should the award be continued for the third year. No further allowances such as house rent et cetera shall be payable. The awardee shall not be entitled to hold any other regular position or draw any other fellowship, stipend or salary. The Young Investigator will further be provided with a maximum of Rs 50,000/- p.a. towards domestic travel (including registration fees etc.) for attending conferences, seminars, symposia, Workshop etc. No major infrastructure grant will be provided under the scheme.
4) Allotment of Labs: The successful candidates will have the option to choose the laboratories of faculty members of Staff Scientist – V and above.
5) Application & Screening Process: Interested and eligible candidates may submit their applications on a plain paper, with their curriculum vitae containing details of qualifications, positions held, a model hypothetical research proposal, not exceeding 700 words which should include introduction (100 words); rationale (100 words); objective (100 words); work plan (200 words); expected outcome (100 words). This proposal should not be continuation of current work or work done during doctoral training. The proposal shall be strictly for the purpose of an exercise to permit evaluation for shortlisting. Successful candidates will not work on such proposals. Complete application alongwith names & contact information of three potential referees should be submitted latest by 15.10.2014 to the Director, National Institute of Immunology, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, New Delhi -110067, or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. People working in public sector Institutions within India are requested to have their applications forwarded through proper channels.
6) Based on the academic qualifications and the research proposal, the shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview for the final selection.
The last date for submitting application is 15.10.2014
See All Other Jobs in our Database
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.