The institute completed its 100 years in 2019, and we wish to take forward the legacy with rejuvenated vigor and sheer dedication with a commitment to nation building. The Indian Institute of Technology (Banaras Hindu University) Varanasi owes its existence to Bharat Ratna Mahamana Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya, the founder of the first residential University of modern India, Banaras Hindu University (BHU), who could foresee the vital role of technical education in strengthening independent India. Engineering education in BHU started in 1919 with the establishment of Banaras Engineering College (BENCO).
Post : Senior Research Fellowship (SRF)
Applications are invited from Indian nationals in a prescribed format for the one post of Senior Research Fellow (SRF) to work on SERB funded research project (File no. CRG/2021/005651/BHS) entitled “Design and Development of potential multifunctional molecular hybrids for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease” under the supervision of Dr. Sushant Kumar Shrivastava, Professor & Head, Department of Pharmaceutical Engineering & Technology, Indian Institute of Technology (BHU), Varanasi, India.
Duration : The post is for 1.3 years in total. The position is purely temporary and the tenure of the fellowship will be co-terminus with the scheme.
Fellowship Amount : Rs. 35,000 + HRA (@16%) per month.
Essential qualifications : First class degree in M.Pharm / M.S. (Pharm.) / M.Tech (Pharm) / M.Tech in Medicinal Chemistry / Pharmaceutical Chemistry with GATE/GPAT/CSIR-NET or equivalent examination and two years of research experience as evidence from published papers in standard refereed journals.
Desirable qualifications : Candidates with experience in multi-step organic synthesis with designing of biological experiments, handling of experimental animals in industry/ academic laboratories are desired.
Age limit : 32 years on the date of application, with relaxation to SC/ST/OBC candidates as per Government of India norms.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to send their complete applications in the attached format along with their CV via email to Principal Investigator, Prof. Sushant Kumar Shrivastava, at email@example.com with in 21 days from the publication of the advertisment. Candidates are requested to write “Application for SRF” in the subject line of the email. The shortlisted candidates will be informed through an email.
1. The PI has the discretion to restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
2. Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to appear in the interview and no other communications in this regard will be entertained.
3. Original certificates and self-attested copies of all certificates need to be presented before the interview for verification.
4. Venue of Interview : Department of Pharmaceutical Engineering & Technology, IIT (BHU), Varanasi- 221005. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. The application should be strictly according to the attached format.
No TA / DA will be paid if called for an interview.
Prof. Sushant Kumar Shrivastava
Department of Pharmaceutical Engineering & Technology, IIT(BHU), Varanasi 221005
Email : email@example.com
See All Other Jobs in our Database