The National Institute of Biomedical Genomics (NIBMG) is an Autonomous Institute of the Government of India, under the aegis of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt. of India. This is the first Institution in India explicitly devoted to research, training, translation, service and capacity building in biomedical genomics.
NIBMG Fellow (Contractual)
Post ID : 2104
Consolidated Pay : Rs. 1,00000/- (One Lakh Only) with HRA 18500/-( Eighteen Thousand Five Hundred only)
Upper Age Limit : Not exceeding 45 years on the last date of application (45 days from the date of publication of this advertisement in Employment News)
Essential Qualification : Ph.D. in any branch of Life Sciences or other areas relevant to Biomedical Genomics.
Experience : At least 3 years of post-doctoral research experience in human disease genomics/biology. Applicants should have an outstanding track record as evident from research publications and recognitions.
Initial appointment will be for 03 (three) years, extendable up to 02 (Two) more years
RELAXATION AND CONCESSIONS:-
1. Reservation/Relaxation/Concession of candidates belonging to different categories shall be as per Government of India directives.
2. Reservation/Relaxation/Concession for SC/ST/OBC candidates (as applicable) will be subject to submission of Caste certificate in the GOI prescribed format issued by a competent authority along with the application and at time of interview, if called for.
SELECTION PROCEDURE FOR SCIENTISTS
Level 1 Screening : An Institutional Screening Committee (ISC) will determine whether the applicant meets minimum prescribed qualifications for the advertised position at NIBMG. Ineligible applicants without minimum qualifications will be rejected and no further correspondence will be sent to them. Applications shortlisted after the Level I screening by the ISC will be sent for Level 2 screening.
Level 2 Screening : A Faculty Screening Committee (FSC) will analyse the applications forwarded to it by the ISC after Level 1 screening. Level 2 screening includes detailed review of the applicant's credentials, publications, achievements, etc. Applicants may also be invited to give a seminar at NIBMG.
Final Selection Procedures : The Scientist Selection Committee (SSC) will interview shortlisted applicants (either in person or through video conferencing), discuss their plans and ideas to understand their long-term career goals. They will also assess the applicant's potential for contributing to the development of NIBMG and its R&D programs. The SSC will take the final decision on suitability of the candidate to the advertised post. The institute will make a final administrative decision on this.
GENERAL INFORMATION AND TERMS & CONDITIONS :
1. Only Indian Nationals or OCI [necessary clearances from MHA and MEA should be in place before appointment] of age 18 years and above are eligible to apply for NIBMG.
2. Before applying, the candidates should ensure that he/she fulfils the eligibility criteria and other norms mentioned in the advertisement.
3. Essential qualification should be recognized in India and from a recognized Institution or University.
4. The experience requirement specified should be the experience acquired after obtaining the minimum educational qualifications required for the post. Traineeship period will not be counted as experience.
5. Wherever CGPA/OGPA or Letter Grade in a degree/diploma is awarded, its equivalent percentage of marks must be indicated in the application form as per norms adopted by University/Institute.
6. All computations of age, qualification, experience etc. shall be as on the closing date of receipt of applications.
7. If any certificate etc. is issued in a language other than Hindi/English, Candidates are advised to submit a certified translation of the same in either Hindi or English Language at the time of Interview, if called for.
8. Applications that are not in conformity with the requirements indicated in the advertisement, incomplete applications, or necessary documents as prescribed or received after the last date of online application will be rejected.
9. Mere submission of Application, fulfilment of the minimum prescribed qualification and experience will not vest any right on a candidate for being called for selection process. Candidature shall be considered valid only after receipt of completed application form and required documents, as indicated in the ‘How to Apply’ section by the last Date of application for the post. Only the candidates shortlisted by the duly constituted Search Cum Selection Committee will be called for selection process. The decision of the Institute regarding the selection process shall be final and binding.
10. NIBMG will not be responsible for any technical glitches during filling up of online application.
11. Candidates working in Govt/ PSU/Autonomous Bodies are required to forward their application through proper channel or produce “No Objection Certificate” at the time of Interview.
12. NIBMG reserves the rights to cancel / restrict /enlarge/modify/alter the recruitment /selection process, if needed, without issuing any further notice or assigning any reason whatsoever.
13. Candidates selected in NIBMG may be posted anywhere in India.
14. For any further queries regarding the recruitment please send email to email@example.com. Candidates are required to add this email id in their address book in order to avoid any email communication gap.
15. Applications are liable to be rejected at any stage of recruitment /selection process or after joining , if any information provided by the candidate is not found to be in conformity with the eligibility criteria notified or if NIBMG comes across any evidence/knowledge that the qualification /experience/and any other particulars indicated in the application /other forms/formats are not recognized/false/misleading and /or amounts to suppression of information/particulars which should have been brought to the notice of NIBMG.
16. Legal jurisdiction will be Kolkata in case of any case/dispute.
17. Canvassing in any form will lead to disqualification.
18. Candidates are required to produce Vigilance Clearance Certificate from the Present Employer at the time of Interview.
19. All information regarding this recruitment process will be made available in the Career Opportunity Section of NIBMG Website only. Applicants are advised to check the website periodically for important updates.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Interested eligible candidates as per detailed eligibility criteria should apply in the prescribed application format through online portal (apply.nibmg.ac.in) only. No other form of application will be accepted.
2. List of essential information/documents required to fill up the online application form :
a) Recent Passport Size Photograph
b) CV of the Applicant.
c) Three important publications.
d) Proposed scientific projects in NIBMG (preferably within 1000 words total) with particular reference to their connection with the relevant thematic programs already existing in NIBMG.
e) Documents related to Essential Qualification
f) Documents related to Other Qualifications
g) Documents related to Experience
Experience Certificate: Proof of experience indicating post held, period of service, pay scale/ emoluments & area of experience. (In respect of PSU/Govt. employees indicating revised as well as pre-revised pay scales with period details).
Pay Certificate from concerned organization (Govt./ Public/ Private sector) in support of experience in relevant pay scale/ emoluments/ equivalent level
All proof of experience shall be self-attested by candidate.
h) Proof of Date of Birth (Class X certificate / Birth Certificate)
i) Caste (SC/ST/OBC) Certificate for claiming Reservation/ Relaxation/concessions (as applicable)
j) Three letters of recommendations
k) Any other relevant document
3. Once applied, the applicants are advised to check the web as well as their registered e-mail regularly for any updates.
Last date for receipt of application at NIBMG is 45 days from the date of publication of this advertisement in Employment News and 60 days for the candidates residing abroad, Andaman & Nicobar and Lakshadweep Island, States / Union Territories in the North Eastern region, Ladakh, Jammu , Kashmir, Sikkim, Sub division Chamba and Lahaul and Spiti districts of Himachal Pradesh.
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF BIOMEDICAL GENOMICS
P.O.: N.S.S., Kalyani 741251, West Bengal, INDIA
See All Other Jobs in our Database