The Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics (CDFD), Hyderabad is a premier autonomous R & D Institute funded by the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India, that has been established to provide services and to undertake R & D in DNA Fingerprinting, DNA Diagnostics and other areas of modern biology.
CDFD wishes to hire a Consultant for Animal BSL – 3 Facility ( full time basis ) whose tenure is initially for one year and likely to be extended on need basis.
Post : Consultant
Consultancy fee : Rs 60,000/- to 75,000/- per month depending on experience of the candidate.
Age : Not more than 64 years as on 01.10.2021
Essential qualification and experience :
1. First class MVSc/MSc.Biotech/M.Pharm/M.Tech or Ph D in Life Sciences.
2. Atleast 3 years of experience in building and commissioning of BSL 3 and ABSL 3 containment facility infrastructure and operations.
3. Thorough knowledge in RCGM guidelines for commissioning and validation of BSL 3 and ABSL 3 facility.
4. Prior experience in coordinating the building and commissioning of at least one BSL 3 or one ABSL 3 facility for any R & D Institute in India.
5. Prior experience in preparing the BSL 3 manual including training module for maintenance and research activities.
6. Prior experience in preparing the SOPs for ABSL – 3 containment Laboratory.
7. Prior experience in developing the study protocols for ABSL 3 studies.
8. Adequate experience to interact with engineering team for proper maintenance of containment facility as per RCGM regulations.
9. Liaison with RCGM authorities for obtaining the RCGM certification.
10. Co-ordinate with BSL3 equipment setting.
Up to date knowledge in regulatory requirements both internationally and nationally that are relevant to ABSL-3 functions and serve as a resource person for facility users.
• Presently, the ABSL 3 facility is in incomplete condition with some civil, HVAC and Equipments are under final stages. The Consultant is primarily responsible to coordinate all the activities related to completion of the ABSL 3 facility and handover the ABSL 3 facility to CDFD with the approval by the RGCM authorities.
• Ensure the health and safety of facility personnel by arranging periodical health check-ups and safety training programs and maintain the health records, vaccination schedules etc. for the BSL3 staff.
• Supervision and coordination of various activities at the site on daily basis and ensure the completion and handing over the ABSL 3 FACILTIY with RGCM certification.
The applicant should attach the following documents along with the application:
(i) Identity proof (Aadhar, PAN, Driving License, etc.,)
(ii) Proof of Date of birth.
(iii) Educational Qualification (from matriculation/10th class onwards; allmark sheets and certificates).
(iv) Experience Certificate/s on the letter head of the employer duly signed by the authorized signatory mentioning the details of designation, date of joining, date of relieving, salary drawn particulars,
(v) Performance Certificate from the Client/Institute clearly indicating the extent of involvement in building and commissioning the BSL 3 and ABSL 3 Facilities
The Institute reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates for interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualifications and experience as per the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Mere fulfilling the essential and desirable qualifications will not entitle an applicant to be eligible for interview / selection.
The Institute reserves the right not to fill the post herein advertised and to cancel the same. Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidate. The details of shortlisted candidates will be displayed on CDFD website and the interviews shall be through Video Conferencing mode. All the candidates are advised to indicate their email details as well as a mobile phone number with whatsApp facility in the application form.
The eligible candidates are advised to fill in the attached application format (as per Annexure A) and forward the same along with the following documents in PDF format to email@example.com
The last date for receipt of duly filled in online applications along with the below mentioned copies of certificates is 22.11.2021 by 6 pm. Only those applications that are submitted before the due date and time will be considered for further evaluation.
See All Other Jobs in our Database