CSIR-CCMB is a premier constituent research Institute of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), conducting research in frontier areas of modern biology. The objectives of the Centre are to conduct high-quality basic research and training in the areas of modern biology and promote centralized national facilities for new and modern techniques in the inter-disciplinary areas of biology. CSIR-CCMB is inviting applications for filling temporary staff positions to work on various funded projects.
Online applications are invited for a temporary position of Project Associate-I as per the details given hereunder for a field ecology project to assess feedback between plants and their mycobiome in natural ecosystems and its role in maintaining plant diversity. This project will have a field and lab component. The ideal candidate should be willing to spend considerable time in the forest for data collection and also be comfortable with wet lab work.
Post : Project Associate-I (01 Post)
Upper age limit : 35 years.
Essential qualification : (i) Master’s Degree in Life science / ecology / environmental science from a recognized University or equivalent
Desirable qualification : past experience with fieldwork in natural ecosystems, especially forests - experience with next-gen sequencing - conducted independent project - comfort with wet lab techniques (DNA extraction, PCR)
Tenure of project : One year with effect from the date of joining
Fellowship : (i) 31,000/- + HRA to Scholars who are selected through (a) National Eligibility Tests-CSIR-UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant professorship) or GATE or (b) A selection process through National level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions. (ii) 25,000/- + HRA for others who do not fall under (i) above.
General Terms and Conditions
1. CSIR/Project sponsoring agency prevailing guidelines are applicable to these positions. Positions are purely temporary & on contract basis and are co-terminus with the project’s tenure.
2. Candidates who have completed their degree with requisite educational qualifications only need to apply.
3. All qualification & experiences must be from Govt./Govt. recognized Institute.
4. Candidates will be shortlisted for interview by the Screening Committee. The Screening Committee may adopt its own criterion for short listing the candidate depending upon the number of applications. Hence candidates are advised to provide all experience / qualification they are having on the last date of receipt of application.
5. Canvassing in any form will render the candidate disqualified.
6. Candidates may be called for interview in person/online as the case may be. All the communication in this regard will be through e-mail only.
7. No TA/DA will be paid to the candidate for appearing for the written test/interview or for reporting to duty.
8. Candidature will be purely provisional subject to fulfilling the eligibility criterion.
9. Age relaxation for SC/ST & OBC as per the guidelines of Govt. of India.
10. The period of experience in a discipline / area of work, wherever prescribed, shall be counted after the date of acquiring the minimum prescribed educational qualifications prescribed for that Grade.
11. Director, CSIR-CCMB reserves the right to increase/ decrease the number of positions and also cancel the recruitment process for the positions mentioned above at any stage of the recruitment process. The decision of the Director, CSIR-CCMB will be final and binding to all the applicants.
12. If currently employed, then the candidate will have to furnish no-objection certificate from the current employer at the time of interview.
13. The engagement which is on contract basis in respect of all above positions will confer no rights on the candidates, whatsoever, implicitly and / or explicitly for their continuation beyond tenure/absorption / regularization in CSIR. Contract may be terminated at any time at a notice of one month from either side or one month stipend in lieu thereof.
Last date to submit online application : 31st October 2021
See All Other Jobs in our Database