BITS Pilani offers UG, PG, and PhD programmes to over 17,000 students across its campuses in Pilani, Goa, Hyderabad, Mumbai and Dubai. BITS Pilani has established itself as a symbol of Excellence and was declared as an Institution of Eminence by the Ministry of Education, Government of India in 2020.
Applications are invited for 2nd Semester admissions to the PhD programme (Full time and/or Part time) starting January 2022 in Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad campuses of BITS Pilani in the following Departments :
• Engineering: Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electrical & Electronics, Mechanical
• Science: Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics
• Economics & Finance, Humanities & Social Sciences, Management
Full-time Students : Preferably individuals who would like to pursue Ph.D. in-house, residing on campus.
Part-time Students : Preferably individuals working in organizations providing basic facilities and environment for research.
Minimum eligibility criteria for admissions
• M.E./M.Tech./M.Pharm./MBA/M.Phil. or an equivalent Degree with a minimum of 60% aggregate in the qualifying examination
• M.Sc./B.E./B.Pharm. or an equivalent degree with a minimum of 60% aggregate in the qualifying examination
• For admissions to Humanities and Social Sciences, candidates with an M.A. degree and a minimum of 55% aggregate may apply.
Meeting the minimum eligibility criteria does not guarantee admission into the PhD programme. In addition, Departments may set specific admission criteria for shortlisting. Shortlisted candidates will have to appear for an admission test, which may comprise of a written exam and/or interview. Candidates admitted with qualifications like M.Sc., B.E., B.Pharm. etc., will be required to do course work on admission to the programme.
• Full-time PhD students admitted into the PhD programme are eligible to be considered for an Institute fellowship of Rs. 28,000 or Rs. 31,000 per month in the first year based on their qualifications at the time of admission.
• Students admitted with M.E./M.Tech./M.Pharm./MBA/M.Phil. or an equivalent Degree are eligible to receive an Institute fellowship of Rs. 31,000/-.
• Students admitted with M.Sc./B.E./B.Pharm. or an equivalent degree are eligible to receive an Institute fellowship of Rs. 28,000/-. These students on successful completion of coursework will receive Rs. 31,000/- from the Semester following the one in which the course work was completed.
• Higher fellowship may be made available in subsequent years. Consideration for Institute fellowship will be as per Institute norms. It will be obligatory on the part of every admitted Full time student to undertake 8 to 10 hours (per week) of work as assigned to him/her by the institute.
1. The Admission portal to apply online opens on 16th October 2021.
2. Interested and eligible candidates should apply through the prescribed application form available online at bitsadmission.com/phdmain.aspx. Hard copy of the application form is not required to be sent. Candidates are advised to take a printout of the filled form and retain it for further reference.
3. Candidates will need to register online prior to filling the application form. A registered mobile number and email ID will be required to generate a username and password essential for filling the application form.
4. While filling the application form online, candidates are required to give preferences of the campus or campuses to which they wish to apply for. Please refer to Department openings with regard to Full and Part-time student admission prior to filling the application form.
5. The completed application form along with the prescribed application fee should be submitted online by the prescribed deadline. Detail on modes of Fee Payment will be available while applying online. Campus preference and priority cannot be changed once the application form is submitted.
6. Deadline for submission of the completed application form online is 5.00 P.M. on 30th November 2021.
7. A non-refundable application fee of Rs. 2600/- is payable at the time of submission of the online form.
8. A candidate can submit only one application form for PhD admission. However, if a candidate discovers any mistake in the form to be submitted by him, there will be an edit option which will be made available before the final submission of the application form, which he/she can make use of to incorporate necessary changes. This option will be available only till the deadline for submission of the form, i.e. 5.00 P.M. on 30th November 2021.
9. Final decision on admitting of candidates to the PhD programme will be taken by the Admission Committee and will be binding to all.
Last Date for filling application form online : 30th Nov 2021
Declaration of shortlisted candidates (on BITS admission website) : 10th Dec 2021
Test/Interview : 5th Jan 2022
Announcement of admission offers to PhD Programmes (on BITS admission website) : 10th Jan 2022
Reporting of selected students to respective campuses : 17th Jan 2022
Registration : 18th Jan 2022
See All Other Jobs in our Database