Walk in interview for Project Technical Officer at VCRC
VCRC is one of the permanent institutes of Indian Council of Medical Research established in 1975 at Pondicherry. A centre of excellence for research and training in vector-borne diseases and control and a WHO collaborating Centre for Research and Trainining in Lymphatic Filariasis and Integrated Methods of Vector Control.
Post : Project Technical Officer
Essential Qualification : Graduate in Life Sciences from a recognized University with five years’ work experience from a recognised institution or University in the field of Molecular Biology / Biotechnology / Biochemistry / Molecular diagnostics of vector-borne diseases (or) Master degree in Molecular Biology / Biotechnology / Biochemistry / Genomics
Nature of duties : To perform the laboratory based work, isolation of DNA/RNA, sample preparation for DNA sequencing, Molecular method for parasite infection status and strain identification, experiment related to signalling mechanisms and sample preparation for RNA sequencing analysis.
Age limit : Not exceeding 30 years
Monthly Consolidated Salary : Rs. 32,000/-
Contract period : One year (initially) and likely to be extended as per requirement
Place of posting : ICMR-VCRC Field Station, Kottayam (Kerala)
Selection Procedure : Walk-in-interview and/or a written test, if the number of eligible candidates are more than 30
(1) Candidates who wish to appear for the above mentioned posts can download the application form from the below link. Candidates are requested to fill the application form and bring all the original certificates of educational qualification (Certificate/Statement of marks), experience certificates, Aadhar Card along with one set of xerox of the same duly self-attested and a recent passport size photograph for attending the written test/interview.
(2) Age, Qualification, Experience etc., will be reckoned as on the date of Walk-in Written Test/Interview.
(3) Mere fulfilling the essential qualification does not guarantee for the selection.
(4) Person already in regular time scale service under any Government Department/Organizations are not eligible to apply.
(5) No TA/DA etc., will be paid to the candidate for appearing in walk-in-writtent test/interview.
(6) The selected candidate will have no claim for regular appointment in any ICMR Institutes/Centres for continuation of his/her services in any other project.
(7) Any canvassing by or on behalf of the candidate or bringing political or other outside influence with regard to selection shall be a disqualification and such candidates will not be considered.
(8) The Principal Investigator has the right to accept/reject any application without assigning any reason(s) and no correspondence in this matter will be entertained.
(1) Candidates are required to be present at the venue in time and Walk-in Written Test/Interview will commence after verification of all the original certificates.
(2) The offer of engagement will be subject to verification of original certificates as per the advertisement.
(3) No calculators, log tables, communication devices like mobile phone, Tablet/iPad etc., are allowed inside the Examination/Interview Hall.
(4) Request for re-evaluation of answer sheets will not be entertained.
(5) Candidates who resort to malpractice of any kind will immediately be sent out of the Examination Hall.
Date of Walk-in-Written Test & Interview : 9th November 2019
Venue : CMS College, College Junction, C.M.S. College Road, Kottayam, Kerala 686001
Reporting Time : 01.30 P.M to 02.30 P.M (Candidates will not be entertained after 02.30 P.M)
See All Other Jobs in our Database