Job for Medical Science Liaison at Novartis | M.Pharm, Ph.D, M.Sc
Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented and performance driven people. All of which makes them one of the most rewarding employers in their field.
Post : Medical Science Liaison
Strategically prepare and support the development, launch and commercialization of drug products by building scientific partnerships with healthcare professionals and decision makers
Medical Expert (ME) Management & Medical Support
1. Develop professional relationships; build advocacy and scientific partnerships with MEs/decision makers, through regular field based interactions.
2. Provide and discuss scientific information and data with healthcare professionals to ensure quality and accuracy of medical and scientific information on new treatment options including Novartis products and selected areas of therapeutic interest aligned to local policies.
3. Liaise and provide up-to-date medical support to relevant external groups to facilitate listing of products in medical guidelines, formularies to impact pricing and health-economic discussions.
4. Engaging the MEs in various Scientific activities for improving the quality of patient care
5. Provide speaker training to health care professionals to support the best use of new therapies developed and commercialized by Novartis Clinical Development Support
6. Contribute to the identification of appropriate clinical investigators and facilitates placement into Novartis sponsored clinical trials.
7. Support the investigational sites, as needed, as part of a cross-functional team with ICRO and the Medical Advisor and others as appropriate.
8. Collaborate with Novartis colleagues to actively support medical and scientificmeetings by collecting and interpreting insights /presentations/ results.
9. Gather medical insights and support translation of those into Medical Affairs, Development and Commercial product strategy.
10. Evaluate the impact of competitive information to share internally and externally as post-meeting deliverables.
Internal Novartis Support
11. Provide medical support and training (i.e. disease state and product) to Novartis colleagues (e.g. sales reps, CRAs, etc.).
12. Screen business opportunities.
13. Collaborate with Medical Advisors/TA Medical Teams and other cross-functional groups (i.e. Business Franchise Teams, Market Access) through innovation,quality and commitment.
Ph.D., MBBS, M. Pharm / M.Sc., or Degree in Life Sciences/Pharmacy required with solid medical/technical background and proven competencies influencing skills, clinical research, insight, business and market knowledge. Languages: Fluent in English & Local Language (oral and written).
1. Proven ability to develop and foster peer-to-peer, credible relationships in order to educate and negotiate ME/decision makers.
2. Working knowledge of the Healthcare System and of the research procedures as well as the ICH guidelines, GCP and other ethical guidelines relevant to the pharmaceutical industry.
3. Thorough knowledge of clinical medicine, disease management, and medicalresearch in at least one therapeutic area.
4. Ability to synthesize recent scientific information, analyze them within strategic and regulatory settings.
5. Proven ability to use IT tools and interface effectively with a variety of technical platforms.
6. Strong personal integrity and customer focus.
7. Excellent interpersonal communication, negotiation and advanced presentation skills.
8. Effectively contribute to work on multifunctional teams.
9. Must be able to adapt, organize, prioritize, and work effectively in a constantly changing field-based environment.
Qualification : Ph.D, MBBS, M.Pharm / M.Sc
Location : New Delhi
Industry Type: Pharma / Healthcare / Clinical research
Functional Area: Research & Development
Job ID: 251878BRR
Last Date: 10th November, 2018
See All Other Jobs in our Database