Applications are invited for Junior Research Fellow at IIT - BHU | M.Pharm, B.Pharm
Banaras Hindu University ranks among the first few in the country in the field of academic and research output. This university has two campuses, 3 institutes, 16 faculties, 140 departments, 4 advanced centers and 4 interdisciplinary schools. The University is making its mark at the national and international levels in a number of frontier areas of Science, Social Science, Technology, Medicine and Agriculture etc.
Applications are invited from Indian nationals for the following position in the research project entitled “Dissecting Brain Reward Circuitry and CNS Comorbidities in Chronic Neuropathic Pain” sponsored by the Department of Science & Technology (DST)-Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB), Government of India, New Delhi.
Post : Junior Research Fellow
Duration of the Position : One year. Extendable based on the performance.
Emoluments : Rs.25,000+ HRA (as applicable) per month
1) B.Pharm degree and GPAT/GATE with 55% marks (equivalent grade) in M.Pharm/M.S/M.Tech degree in Pharmacology/biotechnology.
2) Experience in in-vivo model of pain and neuroscience along with molecular biology techniques is desirable.
1) In this project, selected candidate will be working on:
2) In-vitro and in-vivo models of pain and neuroscience in rodents.
3) Small animal surgeries (nerve injury and brain cannulation)
4) Molecular biology techniques including western blotting, immunohistiochemistry, RTPCR, cell culture etc.
5) Data entry and analysis using appropriate softwares such as excel, sigma stat etc
6) Writing manuscripts and presenting data in conferences.
Upper Age limit as on the last date of application : 28 years. Age relaxation applicable as per Government of India (GoI) rules.
General Terms and Conditions:
1. The position is purely temporary and is coterminous with the project.
2. The PI has the discretion to restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
3. Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to appear in the interview and no other communications in this regard will be entertained.
4. The candidate is expected to join immediately, if selected.
5. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
Interested candidates should send their applications strictly in the attached application format via email to principal Investigator Dr. Vinod Tiwari at email@example.com on or before 05th October, 2018. Please write “Application for JRF” in the subject line of the email. The shortlisted candidates will be intimated by email. Tentative date of interview: within two weeks of application deadline.
• Original certificates and self-attested copies of all certificates need to be presented before the interview for verification.
• Canvassing in any form will lead to disqualification of candidature.
• Venue of Interview – Department of Pharmaceutical Engineering & Technology, IIT (B.H.U.), Varanasi-221005.
• Application should be strictly according to the attached format.
• Last date for receiving completed application is 05th October 2018.
See All Other Jobs in our Database