Pfizer is the world's premier biopharmaceutical company taking new approaches to better health. We discover, develop, manufacture and deliver quality, safe and effective prescription medicines to treat and help prevent disease for both people and animals. We also partner with healthcare providers, governments and local communities around the world to expand access to our medicines and to provide better quality health care and health system support. At Pfizer, colleagues in more than 90 countries work every day to help people stay happier and healthier longer and to reduce the human and economic burden of disease worldwide.
Post : Manager - Procurement
1) Manages the procurement / scheduling, negotiations, price finalization of assigned API, Raw Materials, Key Starting Materials (KSM’s), Imported materials and Finished goods for direct plant, loan licencee location and principal to principal sites.
2) Independently analyse and evaluate supplier bids, proposals, quotation, negotiate prices and delivery conditions of assigned API, raw materials, key starting material, imported raw - packing material and finished goods.
3) Monitors ordering, delivery, inventory planning, inventory control and in-bound logistics management of assigned API, raw materials, key starting material, imported packing material and finished goods.
4) Assists Deputy General Manager in supervision of the procurement professionals team, in building, planning and executing the special projects, reviewing the procedures for improvements and alerts on abnormalities.
- Identify vendors for assigned direct / indirect purchase of raw materials, reference check / screen, evaluate quality, price seasonality and propose the action plan with all the deliverables, terms and conditions clearly defined.
- Coordinates all activities relating to import of Capital Goods thereby supporting plant and/or site activities.
- Focus on Vendor development initiative to expand the vendor base while ensuring the right balance in maintaining relationship with existing vendors and creating space for prospective vendors.
- Establish strong working relationships with key vendors and ensure compliance to Pfizer standards.
- Ensure complete specification alignment with vendors and all supplies from vendors strictly confirming to agreed specifications.
- Work closely with the Quality and EHS teams in enabling audit of supplier sites and coordinate for CAPA closure.
- Formulate procurement strategies and develop implementation status.
- Survey market and study and document the price movement of key drivers, trends and events affecting the demand and supply leading to availability and price movement in future. Give required inputs on procurement strategy / plan.
- Independently handle the assigned categories, identify leads, negotiate, order and monitor the execution of orders.
- Evaluate, design and implement Risk Mitigating strategy for key items for availability and cost benefits.
- Estimate, compute and reconcile purchase price variance and initiate actions for deviations.
- Maintain the required MIS related to material planning and import of goods.
- Monitor cash flow, purchase orders for order balances, cancellations and amendments.
- Ensures the efforts for purchasing activity in compliance with all regulatory requirements, cGMP and company policy, procedure and goals including FCPA and SOX (Clause 49 in India)
- Coordinate with vendors and Regulatory for import permissions and upkeep with import and FDA requirements.
- Ensure 100% training of entire department on Safety & GMP as per TNI.
- Development and training of department colleagues.
Find more info on Next Page...
- Graduate degree in Engineering / Science / Commerce.
- 2–3 years experience in Managerial capacity preferably in the Pharmaceutical of FMCG industry.
- Diploma in Import – Export management.
- Knowledge of Regulatory and FDA requirements for EOU, SPZ and SEZ.
- Working knowledge of Direct and Indirect Taxation laws, including customs.
- Negotiation technique and skills.
- Knowledge of basic chemistry.
- Knowledge of relevant computer systems.
Experience: 2-3 Years
Education: B.Sc, B.Pharm
Industry Type: Pharma/ Healthcare/ Clinical research
Functional Area: Procurement
See All Other Jobs in our Database