The Central University of Punjab (CUP), Bathinda will be having the Schools and Departments as given in Table-I. The University invites applications from eligible candidates for the posts of Professors (Pay Band Rs. 37400-67000 with AGP of Rs. 10, 000/-), Associate Professors (Pay Band Rs.37400-67000 with AGP of Rs. 9,000/-) and Assistant Professors (Pay Band Rs.15600-39100 with AGP of Rs. 6,000/-)
Post: Faculty Positions
Specialization: Pharmaceutical Sciences
Procedure to apply:
Application forms along with API form complete in all respect along with necessary documents and application fee of Rs. 750/-. (Rs. 250/- for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Person with disabilities) should be sent to:
Central University of Punjab
City Campus, Mansa Road
Application forms from the prospective candidates are accepted upto November 10, 2014. Based on the qualification of the candidates and the need of the university, the applications received will be processed through appropriately constituted selection committees shortly. Minimum qualification can be relaxed in case of exceptionally outstanding candidate. For further details visit cup.ac.in; centralunipunjab.com; cup.edu.in.
The candidate should download the application form available at website cup.ac.in; centralunipunjab.com; and submit it complete in all respects on or before 10th November 2014.
Those who have applied earlier need to submit Academic Performance Index (API) form, 5 copies of Summary of the Application Form (available at: cup.ac.in; centralunipunjab.com and Updated CV if not updated recently (without application fee).
Central University of Punjab is amongst the fastest growing new Central Universities established under an Act of Parliament in 2009. CUPB provides Dislocation allowances, Professional Advancement Allowance (Annual membership to Professional Association(s), Travel Allowance to attend national and international conferences, Telephone allowance, Book allowance and Seed money upto Rs. 300,000 etc.,) as per university rules.
Reservation Policy: The University follows Government of India rules for reservations.
Essential Qualifications for Professors, Associate Professors, and Assistant Professors:
- As per “UGC REGULATIONS ON MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR APPOINTMENT OF TEACHERS AND OTHER ACADEMIC STAFF IN UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES AND MEASURES FOR THE MAINTENANCE OF STANDARDS IN HIGHER EDUCATION 2010“ and the 2nd Amendments to the regulation issued in June 2013.
- National Council For Teacher Education regulation 2009.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS & ESSENTIAL INFORMATION FOR APPLYING TO FACULTY POSITIONS
1. Mere eligibility will not entitle any candidate for being called for interview. The university reserves its right to place reasonable limit on the total number of candidates to be called for interview. Fulfillment of essential qualifications per se does not entitle a candidate to be called for interview.
2. Medium of instruction in English.
3. Stringent criteria will be applied for short-listing the candidates to be called for interview.
4. The University reserves the right to withdraw any advertised post at any time without assigning any reason. The right is also reserved with the university either to fill or not to fill the post and its decision in this regard shall be final.
5. The University may increase or decrease number of advertised posts without prior notice.
6. Higher initial pay may be given to exceptionally qualified and deserving candidates.
7. Applicants not found suitable for higher positions may be considered for lower position in the same area of specialization.
8. Reservation Policy will be followed as per Govt. of India Rules. The SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates are required to attach the relevant certificate as per format prescribed by the Government of India.
9. The process of selection may be by a presentation/ seminar/interview or a combination thereof.
10. Application should be accompanied with a non-refundable demand draft Rs.750/- (Rs. 250/- for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/PWD) drawn in favour of the Central University of Punjab, Bathinda.
11. The application duly filled in the prescribed Application Form along with Academic Performance Index (API) Form should be submitted to address given below. One copy (soft copy) be sent through email to email@example.com Registrar (Officiating) Central University of Punjab City Campus, Mansa Road Bathinda-151 001, India
12. Separate application along with application fee should be submitted for each post applied for.
13. Any changes of address given in the application form should at once be communicated to the university.
14. Application fees once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances. Before applying for the post, candidates are advised to satisfy themselves about their eligibility.
15. The applicants are advised to list their proposed, ongoing and completed research projects and write a short paragraph on the teaching philosophy and strategy you plan to pursue.
16. The persons serving in Central/State Governments, Autonomous Bodies (Central/State) may be taken on deputation/contract for 2 or more years or up to the age of superannuation of 65 years, whichever is earlier. The service conditions including pay scales are as per UGC norms.
17. Retired Professor up to the age of 64 years in the relevant subject may also apply. Such candidates if selected may be paid full pay admissible to their respective rank at the minimum prescribed basic pay as per the rules.
18. The applicants serving in Government/Semi-Government organizations/Public Sector Undertakings/Autonomous Organizations must send their applications "Through Proper Channel." The applications received without the recommendations of the employers will not be considered. However, an advance copy of application may be sent followed by the original application through proper channel.
19. In case of in-service candidates from Private Sector, acceptance of resignation and relieving letter from the employer at the time of joining must be submitted.
20. The age of the superannuation for all the posts shall be as per UGC norms.
21. The university employees are covered under new pension scheme introduced by the Government of India. Those who are appointed on deputation, payment of both leave salary and pension contribution will be as per rules.
22. Candidates shall have to produce original documents at the time of appearing in interview.
23. Canvassing in any form may lead to cancellation of candidature.
24. Incomplete applications or without relevant supporting enclosures (self-attested copies of degree / certificates / marks sheets/ experience certificate, reprint of the publications, etc) will be out-rightly rejected.
25. Competent authority can relax the qualification and experience in case of highly deserving candidates.
26. The University shall verify the antecedents/documents submitted by the candidates at the time of appointment or any time during the tenure of the service. In case, it is detected that the documents submitted are fake or the candidate has a clandestine /background and has suppressed the said information, his/her services shall be terminated forthwith.
27. The University reserves the right to place the curriculum vitae of any person for any post for the consideration of selection committee; to consider “in-absentia” or interview through “Video Conferencing”.
28. It will be open to the University to consider, on its own, names of suitable candidates who might have not applied. Candidates shall not claim it as a right.
29. The University may draw reserve panel(s) against possible vacancies in future.
30. The University reserves the right to consider the applications received after the last date. In case the last date fixed for receiving the applications is declared a holiday, next working day shall be deemed to be the last date for receiving the forms
31. Candidates in their own interest are advised to remain in touch with the University website cup.ac.in. They should also check their email account for updates. Issuance of notifications in the newspapers is not obligatory on the part of the university.
32. No TA/DA shall be paid to the candidates for attending the interview.
33. In case of disputes/suites or legal proceedings against the university, the Jurisdiction shall be confined to the Court of Bathinda or Punjab and Haryana High Court Chandigarh only. Important: Please submit: a) One hard copy of the application with signatures, Photograph, applicable fee to the Registrar (Officiating), Central University of Punjab, Mansa Road, Bathinda. b) One soft copy of the application on the prescribed format as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Date: 10th November 2014.
See All Other Jobs in our Database