The Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology is an autonomous national institute of the Government of India, Ministry for Science & Technology, Department of Biotechnology. The mandate of the institute is discovery, innovation and translation in biotechnology and disease biology. At RGCB, our todays are committed to making discoveries that lead to a better tomorrow. RGCB prides itself for innovative research that integrates theory, modeling, simulation, experimental translational and clinical sciences.
Post : Junior Research Fellow
Applications are invited from Indian Citizens for one position of Junior Research Fellow in a DBT-Ramalingaswami project entitled "Investigating pneumococcal adaptation to intracellular survival within the host and characterization of macrophage extracellular vesicles for novel vaccine development" in the Laboratory of Dr. Karthik Subramanian at Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Thiruvananthapuram.
• The candidate must have a Post Graduate Degree with at least 80% marks and first class Master's in Life Science/ Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Microbiology from a recognized University and consistent excellent academic track record.
• The candidates who have qualified National Eligibility Test - CSIR -UGC NET including Lectureship (Assistant Professorship) or Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) or National level Examination conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions viz., DBT-Biotechnology Eligibility Test/ Joint Graduate Entrance Examination for Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences ( JBEEBILS) / ICMR Entrance Exam / Approved DST Inspire Fellowship.
• Prior experience with mammalian cell culture, flow cyclometry, ELISA and immunofluorescence microscopy techniques are desirable.
• Good interpersonal skills to work in collaborative teams.
• A strong commitment and passion to complete the project.
Age : Below 26 years as on December 12, 2023. Age relaxation will be given as per Govt. of India norms.
Emolument : Rs. 31,000/- + 16% HRA per month for candidates having with both essential and desirable qualifications.
Duration : Initially for a period of one year and extendable up to three years or till termination of the project whichever is earlier based on performance evaluation
1. Applications should be submitted online.
2. Candidates who are currently working in Government firms should send applications through proper channel.
3. Last date for receiving completed applications is December 12, 2023
4. If a candidate wishes to apply for different positions, separate applications should be submitted for each position. Selection to the position will not entitle the candidate to any future positions at RGCB (permanent or otherwise). As with all project positions at RGCB, the position will be co terminus with end of the project.
5. The interview will be held on hybrid mode [offline-online]. The offline interview will be held at RGCB Akkulam Campus and the meeting link for online interview will be send to the E-mail IDs of the candidates who are attending the online interview. The interview dates will be published in the RGCB website later.
Applications which are not in the prescribed format will summarily be rejected.
Only those fulfilling the above criteria need apply and will be called for interview. No TA/ DA will be given for appearing in the interview.
See All Other Jobs in our Database