Applications are invited from Indian nationals for the post of Junior Research Fellow (on contract) in research project entitled Investigating the role of nitric oxide and indole acetic acid releasing chitosan nanoparticles induced alleviation mechanisms of chromium and metsulfuron methyl toxicity in rice and tomato sanction letter no. 38(1528)/23/EMR-II dated 05-07-2023 sponsored by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research [CSIR]. New Delhi.
The position is purely temporary and will be governed by the funding agency rules & service conditions of Office of the Dean (Research & Consultancy), MNNIT Allahabad.
Project Title: Investigating the role of nitric oxide and indole acetic acid releasing chitosan nanoparticles induced alleviation mechanisms of chromium and metsulfuron methyl toxicity in rice and tomato
Project Tenure Three Years
The project envisages synthesizing and analyzing the mechanisms of Nitric oxide and Indole acetic acid-releasing chitosan nanoparticles against chromium and metsulfuron methyl toxicity on rice plant. The encapsulated NO and IAA loaded chitosan nanoparticles may be used as product after proper experiments to increase plant productivity against heavy metal and herbicide stress.
Essential Qualifications : B.S. 4 Years programme/ B.Pharm./M.B.B.S/Integrated B.S- M.S/M.Sc./B.E/B. Tech. or equivalent degree in relevant specialization with 55% marks and passing of NET-LS/GATE test
Age Limit : 28 years
Age Relaxation The upper age limit is relaxable up to 5 years in case of candidates belonging to scheduled castes/tribes/OBC, women and physically handicapped candidates
Fellowship : Rs. 37,000.00 per month + HRA (18%)
Other Benefits: Accommodation may be available as per the availability and the Institute norms. Candidate selected for the JRF may register for Ph.D. if eligibility conditions as set by institute is met by him/her. Facility of yearly leave, carryover leave, medical benefits etc. may be available as per applicable rules of the project staff
Tenure of Appointment : Appointment will be made for a temporary period purely on contract basis for a period of one year initially, which may be extended depending on the performance evaluation on yearly basis till the end of project
1. The applicant will be responsible for the authenticity of information, other documents and photographs submitted.
2. The Institute reserves the right to accept application at any time, and consider candidates of exceptional credentials without applications.
3. Qualification and experience may be relaxed by the Institute at any point of time for otherwise exceptional candidates. Mere, possessing the prescribed qualification does not ensure that the candidate would be called for Interview. The Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of merit and need of the project.
4. Shortlisted Candidates will be informed by e-mail about the interview date. So, the candidate must provide valid E -mail IDs in their applications.
5. Shortlisted candidates have to present themselves for the interview on the interview date with updated CV, publications if any and original and attested photocopies of mark sheets/ certificates in support of their academic qualifications. The mode of interview will be informed to the shortlisted candidates via the email id provided in the application form.
6. Applicants in employment (private, government or any other organization) are required to submit a “No Objection Certificate” from the employer at the time of interview.
No TA/DA will be paid for appearing in the interview.
The duly completed application (soft copy in any form) on prescribed format along with scanned copies of supporting documents must reach to email id: firstname.lastname@example.org (email id of Dr. Shivesh Sharma, Department of Biotechnology) with the subject of the email as "Application for JRF (on contract) in CSIR Project" on or before 23/11/2023, 5.00 PM (IST).
See All Other Jobs in our Database