The Reserve Bank of India, chiefly known as RBI, is India's central bank and regulatory body responsible for regulation of the Indian banking system. It is under the ownership of Ministry of Finance, Government of India. It is responsible for the control, issue and maintaining supply of the Indian rupee.
Post : Pharmacist
A walk-in-interview for empanelment of pharmacists for engagement on contract basis with fixed hourly remuneration for the dispensaries situated at Reserve Bank of India Main Office Premises and Bank’s residential quarters at Nayapalli, Vidyut Marg and Baramunda dispensaries will be held on November 11, 2022 at 11:00 a.m. at the office of Reserve Bank of India, Bhubaneswar, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru Marg, Bhubaneswar– 751001.
a) Matriculation or its equivalent examination.
b) A Diploma / Degree in Pharmacy from recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks.
c) Registration certificate from Odisha Pharmacy Council
d) Basic working knowledge of computer.
e) Minimum experience of 2 years as a pharmacist. Experience with PSBs/PSUs/Government Organizations will be given preference.
Remuneration : Rs. 400/- per hour for the entire period of contract.
Location & Working Hours (@) :
1. Main Office Building Dispensary, Reserve Bank of India, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru Marg, Bhubaneswar : 12:15 pm to 5:15 pm (Monday) 12:00 noon to 5:15 pm (Tuesday to Friday)
2. Reserve Bank of India Officers’ Quarters, Nayapalli, Bhubaneswar : 7:30 pm to 9:00 pm (Monday to Saturday)
3. Reserve Bank of India Staff Quarters Vidyut Marg, Bhubaneswar : 7:00 am to 11:20 am (Monday to Saturday)
4. Reserve Bank of India Staff Quarters, Baramunda, Bhubaneswar : 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm (Monday to Saturday)
Procedure for Empanelment to the Panel
i. The selection to the Panel will be made through walk-in-interview of eligible candidates.
ii. Candidates will be selected for empanelment to the panel on the basis of overall educational qualifications (PG/Degree/Diploma), distance of residence from different dispensaries of RBI Bhubaneswar office, experience with PSBs/PSUs/Government organization etc. The decision of the Bank in this regard will be final and binding.
iii. Applicants selected for empanelment to the panel after the walk-in-interview will be subject to medical examination and document verification process before empanelment for engagement as Pharmacist.
iv. The selected applicant/s has/have to sign a contract with the Bank for empanelment of pharmacists on contract basis with fixed hourly remuneration subject to acceptance of Terms and Conditions of empanelment and Code of Conduct.
Terms and Conditions
(i) Empanelled candidates to be engaged as Pharmacist purely on need basis. Mere selection for empanelment doesn’t confer any right on candidates for day-to-day engagement.
(ii) The validity period of empanelment of candidates will be 03 years from the date of approval of empanelled list by the Competent Authority.
(iii) Empanelled candidates, if engaged as Pharmacist will be paid a fixed remuneration at the rate of Rs.400/- per hour and will not be entitled to any pay, allowance or any other perks/facilities.
(iv) The Bank reserves the right to stop utilizing the services of empanelled candidates at any time with a short notice or assigning any reasons thereof.
(v) Empanelled candidates, if engaged, are required to comply with and obey all orders and directions, which may from time to time be issued by any employee of the Bank under whose jurisdiction, superintendence and control the Pharmacist(s) will be placed.
(vi) Empanelled candidates, if engaged as Pharmacist, are required to maintain the record of stock of drugs and injection etc. in the prescribed forms and consumption of special drugs/medicines supplied to patients in the Abstract/Stock Registers on a daily basis to arrive at the closing stock in the computerized dispensary package.
(vii) Empaneled candidates, if engaged as Pharmacist are required to operate the computerized dispensary package and maintain the stock of medicines in the existing package.
(viii) Empaneled candidates should maintain strict secrecy regarding the Bank’s affairs and serve the Bank honestly and with high integrity.
(ix) Any deviation / slippage in respect of services to be rendered by he/she as specified above will be viewed seriously by the Bank.
(x) The service rendered by the empanelled Pharmacist/s will not confer any right for a temporary or permanent post in the Bank’s service.
(xi) Empanelled candidates will not be treated as a regular employee of the Bank and will not be entitled to any facilities admissible to the regular employees of the Bank.
(xii) Bank will have full discretion on deployment of Pharmacist in any of its dispensaries.
Code of Conduct
1. Every Pharmacist shall observe, comply with and obey all orders and directions which may from time to time be given to them by any person under whose jurisdiction, superintendence or control he/she may for the time being be placed.
2. Every Pharmacist shall maintain the strictest secrecy regarding the Bank’s affairs and the affairs of its constituents and shall not divulge, directly or indirectly, any information of a confidential nature either to a member of the public or of the Bank’s staff, unless compelled to do so by judicial or other authority, or unless instructed to do so by a superior officer in the discharge of his/her duties.
3. Every Pharmacist shall serve the Bank honestly and faithfully and shall use his/her utmost endeavors to promote the interests of the Bank, and shall show courtesy and attention in all transactions.
4. No Pharmacist shall take an active part in politics or in any political demonstration or stand for election as a Member for a Municipal Council, District Board or any Legislative Body.
5. No Pharmacist shall become or continue to be a member or office-bearer of, or be otherwise directly or indirectly associated with, any Trade Union or a Federation of such Trade Union or resort to, or in any way abet, any form of strike or participate in any violent, unseemly or indecent demonstration in connection with any matter pertaining to his/her terms and conditions of contract.
6. No Pharmacist may contribute to the press anything relating to the affairs of the Reserve Bank of India without the prior sanction in writing from the Bank or publish any document, paper, or information which may come into his/her possession in his/her capacity as Pharmacist engaged by the Bank.
7. A Pharmacist shall not solicit or accept any gift from any employee.
8. A Pharmacist shall not absent from his/her duties without the permission from the Bank and making alternate arrangement acceptable to the Bank during his/her absence. Such alternate arrangement shall not exceed five days at a time.
9. A Pharmacist shall not outsource his/her service to the Bank.
10. A Pharmacist shall –
• strictly abide by any law relating to intoxicating drinks or drugs in force in any area in which, he/she may, for the time being, happen to be;
• not be under the influence of any intoxicating drink or drug while on duty and shall take care that performance of his/her duties at any time is not affected in any way by the influence of such drink or drug;
• refrain from consuming, in a public place, any intoxicating drink or drug
• not appear in a public place in a state of intoxication
• not use any intoxicating drink or drug to excess.
Explanation: The term “public place” would include clubs even exclusively meant for members where it is permissible for the members to invite non-members as guests, bars and restaurants, public conveyances and all other places to which the public have or are permitted to have access, whether on payment or otherwise.
11. No Pharmacist shall indulge in any act of sexual harassment of any man/woman employee at work place.
Explanation: For this purpose, “Sexual Harassment” shall include such unwelcome sexually determined behavior, whether directly or by implication as:-
• Physical contact and advances,
• Demand or request for sexual favours,
• Sexually coloured remarks,
• Showing pornography,
• Any other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of a sexual nature.
12. The contract is liable to be terminated if a Pharmacist is arrested for debt or on a criminal charge or is detained in pursuance of any process of law.
13. Pharmacist shall neither give, solicit or receive nor shall offer to give solicit or receive, any gift, gratuity, commission or bonus in consideration of or return for referring, recommending or procuring of any patient for medical, surgical or other treatment. A Pharmacist shall not directly or indirectly, participate in or be a party to act of division, transference, assignment, subordination, rebating, splitting or refunding of any fee for medical, surgical or other treatment.
14. The provision at 13 above shall apply with equal force to the referring, recommending or procuring by a pharmacist or any person, specimen or material for diagnostic purposes or other study/work.
15. The contract is liable to be terminated in case a Pharmacist commits a breach of the code of conduct of the Bank mentioned above or the terms and conditions of the contract accepted by him/her, displays negligence, inefficiency or indolence, or knowingly does anything detrimental to the interests of the Bank or in conflict with its instructions or is guilty of any other act of misconduct.
Interview will be held on November 11, 2022 at 11:00 a.m. at the office of Reserve Bank of India, Bhubaneswar, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru Marg, Bhubaneswar– 751001
See All Other Jobs in our Database