The establishment of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) at New Delhi in 1956 was a dream project of first Prime Minister of India, Shri Jawahar Lal Nehru and this was executed by first Health Minister of India Mrs. Raj Kumari Amrit Kaur through an act of Parliament known as AIIMS Act. However, in last 50 years it was realised that there was huge regional imbalance with respect to the availability of tertiary healthcare services that are affordable as well as reliable, ameliorating available facilities for quality medical education by establishing a vital figure of doctors and conducting research activities, with peculiar relevance to the area, in the country.
Applications are invited for contractual staff for the project entitled “Etiological profile of viral gastroenteritis in U-5 children reporting to different strata of health care facilities in the immediate post-Rota virus vaccination period.”
Post : Junior Research Fellow
Pay : 31,000/- + HRA as applicable
Age not exceeding : 28 years
Duration of project : 3 years
Tenure : 1 year; subject to continuation, depending on the performance of the candidate and continuation of the project
Qualifications : Essential: M.Sc./ M.V.Sc./ M.Tech or equivalent degree in Life Sciences (Zoology/Biotechnology/Microbiology/ Biochemistry). Desirable: Expertise in Molecular Biology techniques
Age Concession : Age relaxation is admissible in respect of SC/ST/OBC candidates, Retrenched Government Employees, Departmental Candidates (including projects), and ex-servicemen in accordance with the instructions issued by the Central Government from time to time. Age concession to the extent of services rendered in the research projects will also be admissible for experienced and skilled persons. The effective date for fulfilling eligibility criteria (including qualification and experience etc), upper age limit will be the date of the walk-in written examination.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. It is candidates’ responsibility to ascertain and ensure their eligibility as per the prescribed qualification and experience. Any misinformation detected at any stage will make the candidate liable for legal action. Permission to appear in the selection process does not approve the eligibility of the candidate. Even after qualifying the selection process the candidate may be rendered disqualified at the time of document verification if he/ she does not fulfil essential eligibility criteria.
2. Tenure: The assignments for contractual posts are purely on contract basis for the period specified above. This appointment will not vest any right to claim by the candidate for regular appointment or permanent absorption in AIIMS Bhopal or ICMR/DHR or for continued contractual appointment.
3. Expiry of Contract: The contract will automatically expire on completion of period specified above until it is renewed with mutual consent for the decided period. The contractual appointment can be terminated at any time by either side by giving 30 days’ notice or salary in lieu thereof.
4. Leave: The leave entitlement of the appointee shall be governed in terms of the ICMR leave policy governing extramural research projects as amended from time to time.
5. Accommodation: No hostel or any other accommodation will be provided by the Institute / Principal Investigator.
6. The candidate who is already in government service shall submit 'No Objection Certificate" from the present employer at the time of walk-in-written test.
7. The prescribed qualification is minimum and mere possessing the same does not entitle any candidate for selection.
8. The candidate should bring along original certificates in support of his/her age, educational/ professional qualification, experience etc., two recent passport size colour photographs and a one set of self-attested photocopies of the relevant documents failing which he/she will not be allowed to participate in the walk-in-written test.
9. The candidate applying in response to his advertisement should satisfy themselves regarding their eligibility in all respects.
10. No travelling or other allowances will be paid to the candidate for appearing in written examination or for joining the post.
11. Canvassing of any kind will lead to disqualification.
12. Private practice of any type is prohibited.
13. He / She can be posted at any place as per the requirement of the project including rural areas / field sites.
14. He / She is expected to conform to the rules of conduct and discipline as applicable to the institute employees.
15. The decision of the competent authority regarding the selection of the candidate will be final and no representation will be entertained in this regard.
16. The candidate should not have been convicted by any Court of Law.
17. In case any information given or declaration by the candidate is found to be false of if the candidate has wilfully suppressed any material information relevant to his appointment, he/she will be liable to be removed from the service and any action taken as deemed fit by the appointing authority.
18. Applications incomplete in any aspect will be summarily rejected.
19. The Competent Authority reserves the right of any amendment, cancellation and changes to this advertisement as a whole or in part without assigning any reason or giving notice.
20. All information / updates pertaining to this advertisement including date of written examination, result, joining etc will be displayed on the AIIMS Bhopal website which is www.aiimsbhopal.edu.in
21. No individual intimation may be sent by the AIIMS Bhopal to applicants. It will be the responsibility of applicants to keep abreast of the developments by visiting institute website regularly.
22. All disputes will be subject to jurisdictions of Court of Law at Bhopal.
Date and Time of Walk-in Interview : 24/11/2021 at 11 pm in the domains of eligibility qualification.
The Candidates shall report at 09:30 am to the Principal Investigator at selection venue.
Selection Venue : Department of Microbiology, Ground Floor, Medical College Building, AIIMS Bhopal. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the written examination.
The candidates shall report with
a. Duly filled application form
b. Self-attested photocopies of proof of date of birth (class 10th certificate/ school leaving certificate), eligibility qualification mark-sheets, degrees, experience certificate, caste certificate, qualifying degree registration with statutory council (if applicable) and other relevant testimonials
Dr Debasis Biswas
Principal Investigator Regional Virology Lab
Department of Microbiology Ground Floor of the Medical College Building
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Bhopal
Saket Nagar Bhopal-462020 (MP).
See All Other Jobs in our Database