The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), New Delhi, the apex body in India for the formulation, coordination and promotion of biomedical research, is one of the oldest medical research bodies in the world. The ICMR has always attempted to address itself to the growing demands of scientific advances in biomedical research on the one hand, and to the need of finding practical solutions to the health problems of the country, on the other. The ICMR has come a long way from the days when it was known as the IRFA, but the Council is conscious of the fact that it still has miles to go in pursuit of scientific achievements as well as health targets.
The Indian Council of Medical Research awards the following categories of fellowships to young scientists to enable them to carry out research in the field of Biomedical Sciences at the Medical College, Research Institute, University, Recognized Research & Development Laboratory, Govt. & Semi Govt. Organization & NGO (documentary evidence of their recognition including DSIR/SIRO certificate should be enclosed with the application.
Post : Research Associates, Senior Research Fellowships
When and how to submit a proposal :
1. The “Full length research fellowship proposals” will be submitted through online mode only on https://epms.icmr.org.in and no proposal in physical/hard copy/Email is to be submitted.
2. Details of the eligibility, format of application, terms & conditions and guidelines of the scheme are available on https://epms.icmr.org.in/fellowshippage
3. All projects involving research on human beings/animals must be cleared by the registered Human Ethics Committee/ Animal Ethics Committee of the respective institute (Registration Number to be provided).
1. Open the ICMR Electronics Project Management System (e-PMS) portal epms.icmr.org.in
2. Project proposal submission is three steps process in e-PMS.
• Step 1 : Fellow Registration/Login
• Step 2: Verify Email Id and Complete/Update Fellow Profile
• Step 3 : Apply for fellowship through submission of research proposal 3. Click on "LOGIN and select “Register a new membership” for new registration OR else if registered enter details to login into the application at e-PMS portal.
4. After registration in the portal, login in the portal. Verify your registered email and complete the PI/Fellow profile. PI/Fellow profile includes Personal detail such as Salute, Name, DOB as per 10th certificate, Details of 10th (Board name, roll number, Year of passing), Attachment (10th certificate/mark sheet), Gender (Male/Female), Category (GEN, OBC, SC, ST), State, District, Institute Name (if name doesn’t exist in the drop down list then there is an option to add the new institute also), Designation (Choose Student/Research Scholar), Department, Broad Area of Research, Subject Area.
5. After completing mandatory section of Fellow Profile, click on “Submit New Proposal” under “Proposal Submission” menu. New screen will display. Select “ICMR Fellowship Program” from drop down list to submit new proposal.
6. The user manual of e-PMS (under Guidelines-> e-PMS menu) and ICMR Fellowship Program guideline (under Guidelines-> Fellowship) are available at epms.icmr.org.in. Before proceed to submission the proposal, it is suggested to read user manual and guidelines; and make ready all relevant information, documents and research plan.
7. It is to advice that ensure your eligibility before submitting the proposal.
Date for submission of full length research proposal
Start Date : 18/11/2021 Time 9:00 a.m.
End Date : 17/12/2021 Time 5:00 p.m.
For scheme/call for proposals related queries
Contact : Division of Biomedical Informatics, ICMR, New Delhi
Email Address : email@example.com
See All Other Jobs in our Database