The journey of Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI), popularly known as Pusa Institute, began in 1905 at Pusa with the generous grant of 30,000 pounds from an American philanthropist, Mr. Henry Phipps. The institute was then known as Agricultural Research Institute (ARI) which functioned with five departments, namely Agriculture, Cattle Breeding, Chemistry, Economic Botany and Mycology. Bacteriology unit was added in 1907.
Post : Senior Research Fellow (SRF)
Name of Project : Development of diagnostic Kits for quick detection of CTV, HLB and Phytophthora rot diseases in Citrus of North East India
Emoluments (fixed) : Rs. 35000/- + 24% HRA per month
Essential/Desirable Qualification Essential : M.Sc. in Plant Pathology / Microbiology / Botany / Plant Protection / Biotechnology / Those with 3 years bachelor’s degree must have NET / GATE qualification or equivalent (As per DST/DBT memorandum F.No. SR/S9/Z-08/2018 dated January 30,2019) Two years research experience as JRF / SRF / any other The selection process through national level exam conducted by Central government departments and their agencies and institute such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, IIT, IISc, USER etc. Desirable: Knowledge of molecular techniques, microbial techniques, plant pathology and Bioinformatics.
Terms and Conditions
1. For the details of qualifications and other requirements, please refer to DST/DBT memorandum F.No. SR/S9/Z-08/2018 dated January 30,2019). The emolument of the above positions will be as per DST/DBT rules.
2. Age Limit for the positions is 35 years max. Age relaxation of 3 years for OBC and 5 years’ relaxation for SC/ST and woman candidates as per Government/ ICAR guidelines. Minimum age should be of 18 years as on date of interview.
3. Only the candidates having essential qualifications would be entertained for the interview.
4. No objection certificate from the employer, in case he/ she has an employment.
5. Candidates reaching after specified time may not ordinarily be entertained.
6. Canvassing in any form would lead to disqualification of the candidate.
7. No TA/ DA will be paid for attending the interview.
8. The eligible candidates should report for the walk- in-interview for SRF post 30 minutes before on 30th November 2021 at 10.00 AM for necessary formalities. Candidates appearing for interview should bring two copies of their biodata in prescribed application format given below (Annexure 1 & II), two passport size photographs and one set of attested photocopies of their certificates/ mark-sheets/ experience proof etc. Applicants must bring with them original documents at the time of interview for verification.
9. The Interview of eligible candidates will be held on line the Room 1, Division of Plant Pathology, ICAR-IARI, PUSA Campus, New Delhi on 30th November, 2021 at 10.00 AM.
10. The selected candidates shall not claim for any regular appointments at this institute as the above positions are purely contractual, non-regular, time bound and are co-terminus with the project.
See All Other Jobs in our Database