Institute of Life Sciences (ILS), Bhubaneswar is a leading national institute in India and is a multidisciplinary institute engaged in advanced research in area of Infectious Disease Biology, Cancer Biology, Genetic & Autoimmune Diseases, and Plant & Microbial Biotechnology.
The Institute invites applications from early as well as mid-career scientists (from Indian citizens only) with potential for leadership and passion for innovative research to set up independent multidisciplinary research programs relating to the areas of (but not restricted to) Infectious Disease Biology, Cancer Biology, Genetic & Autoimmune Diseases and Plant & Microbial Biotechnology for filling up the following Scientist positions as per details given below.
Scientist – B
No of Posts : 01 (UR)
Pay level (7th CPC) : Level - 10 (Rs.56,100 -1,77,500/-)
Qualification and experience Upper age limit : Essential: 1st class M.Sc. or equivalent with at least 3 years research experience in the relevant field OR Ph.D. with at least 01 year Post-Doctoral Research experience. Desirable: Ph.D. degree with capability of conducting independent research works.
Upper age limit : 35 years
Scientist – C
No of Posts : 02 (01 SC and 01 UR)
Pay level (7th CPC) : Level - 11 (Rs.67,700-2,08,700/-)
Qualification and experience Upper age limit : Essential: 1st class M.Sc. or equivalent with at least 05 years research experience OR Ph.D. with at least 04 years Post-Doctoral Research experience. Desirable: Research experience in the relevant subject.
Upper age limit : 40 years
Applicants must possess an excellent record of publications in peer reviewed scientific journals. Applicants should be committed to scientific excellence, willingness to collaborate in inter-disciplinary projects and teaching of doctoral students. Quality of scientific productivity, capability of independent thinking, track record of translational or applied research as well as extra mural funding will also be major factors in deciding the selection.
Investigators will be provided shared laboratory space and adequate start-up resources. They are expected to generate significant extramural project based funding. Scientists involved in Life Sciences Page 2 of 2 using any or all of the following tools of biology – cell and molecular biology, Immunology, genomics, proteomics, bioinformatics, nanotechnology and systems and mathematical biology will be considered. Eligible & interested scientists are requested to submit their ONLINE application and certificates, etc. in the prescribed format along with proposed research plan (2 pages) and an application fee of Rs.500/- available at ILS website.
Applicants may submit their applications through OFFLINE mode to firstname.lastname@example.org and make payment of application fee as per details below.
Beneficiary name : Director, Institute of Life Sciences, Bhubaneswar,
Account No : 450502010006285, Bank: Union Bank of India, Chandrasekharpur, Bhubaneswar;
IFS Code : UBIN0545058
General Conditions/ Instructions
1) Relaxations and concessions will be in accordance with the ILS Rules and Regulations. Relaxation in age, educational qualifications and/or experience will be considered in case of persons already holding analogous positions in Government Scientific Organizations/ Research Institutions.
2) Merely fulfilling the requirements in the advertisement will not automatically entitle any candidate to be called for interview. The applications received will be scrutinized and candidates who in the opinion of the institute are likely to be suitable will be shortlisted for calling for interview. The decision of the institute in all these matters will be final. No interim enquiries/ correspondence/ communication of any sort will be entertained in the matter.
3) The Screening and Selection Committee will make appropriate decisions on quality and impact of the publications and patents in relation to the overall application, research areas and needs of the institute. The decision of the institute in all these matters will be final. No interim enquiries/ correspondence/communication of any sort will be entertained in the matter.
4) Persons working under the Central Government/Central Government Autonomous Bodies shall submit their applications through proper channel. They may, however, send an advance copy of the application along with enclosures as required. Those who are unable to forward their application through proper channel may submit NOC from their employer at the time of selection interview, if shortlisted. Without this NOC, the applicant will not be allowed to attend the selection interview.
5) Canvassing in any manner would entail disqualification of the candidature.
6) Incomplete applications or applications without copies of certificates or applications received after the last date will be rejected.
Applicants working in any Government (Central/State), PSU, autonomous, public sector Institutions within India are requested to have their applications forwarded through proper channels. The Institute reserves the right to withdraw any/all the advertised post/s at any time without assigning any reason. The last date of receiving complete application is 30 days of publication of the advertisement in Employment News. Applications received after due date will not be considered.
Advt. No. 44 / 2021
See All Other Jobs in our Database