Work as Chief Manager in External Supply at Piramal Healthcare Limited
Piramal Healthcare Limited A major force in the pharmaceuticals and healthcare segment, Piramal Healthcare Limited, incorporating Healthcare Solutions & Pharma Solutions, has an unequivocal vision – to become the most admired pharmaceutical company, with leadership in market share and profits.
Post : Chief Manager - External Supply - (190001FC)
Position Overview :
The External Supply Manager is responsible to manage the external sourced supply chain of all APAC based contract manufacturing sites to insure the uninterrupted supply of all assigned SKUs to both APAC and global customers. This role is responsible for commercial negotiations, developing and implementing sourcing strategies, managing third party supplier relationships and performance and financial benchmarking and cost reduction in the external supply and sourcing arena. The role serves as a key member of all new product introduction projects from APAC to coordinate APAC supply chain efforts for product launch.
- Ensures the uninterrupted supply of all assigned contract manufacturing SKUs through accurate forecasting, planning, scheduling, ordering and supplier coordination.
- Works with the CMOs and partners to resolve supply issues.
- Participates and contributes to the CMO forecasting, demand planning, inventory planning, capacity planning processes
- Issues PRs, executes the MRP and work closely with Procurement to insure adequate inventory of all PCC supplied materials to the CMOs
- Manage inventory targets and safety stock levels
- Ensure proper set-up and operation of the SAP MRP process, including correctness and updates of master data.
- Planning/procurement/supplier development for all non-strategic materials to CMOs
- Reporting out of trend supply situation to APAC Supply Chain Director
- Preparing CMO MIS for PCC OpsCom
- Supplier relationship management with all key APAC partners and suppliers
- Negotiate favorable supply arrangements & contracts to achieve supply security and a cost advantage for Piramal
- Supply and supplier risk mitigation
- Ensure suppliers meet defined requirements, goals and targets. Establish supplier improvement targets in cost, quality, delivery and inventory reduction.
- Develop and implement supplier management functions including vendor scorecards, risk analysis, and strategic business reviews
- Work collaboratively with internal customers to source materials and services based on functional and financial requirements and ensure operational support i.e. support API sourcing globally as required
• Bachelor’s degree in applicable field (Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering, Business or preferred); MBA or Graduate level Supply Chain degree preferred.
• Experienced in managing satellite supply chain with interface of multiple CMO, CRO and testing sites. Expertise in running parallel activities of complex supply chain.
• Minimum ten years’ experience in two or more of the following areas - Planning, Strategic Sourcing, and Supply Chain, preferably in a pharmaceutical or life sciences manufacturing environment
• Experience with production planning and inventory control, preferable in a pharmaceutical environment.
• Strong knowledge and experience of SAP is mandatory
• General knowledge of MRP and inventory control systems.
• APICS certification is desirable
• Exposure to cGMP principles and practices.
• Analytical, conceptual, problem solving & decision making
• Good collaborative skills
• Proficiency in forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impact
• Solid understanding of finance and business systems
• Self-starter with the ability to learn and adapt
• Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access).
• Hands on experience using SAP especially on modules like Sub contracting along with SD and MM will be added advantage.
• Positive person with good communication skills
Qualification : Bachelor’s degree
Location : Maharashtra - Mumbai
Industry Type : Pharma/ Healthcare/ Clinical research
Functional Area : External Supply
End Date : 25th December, 2019
See All Other Jobs in our Database