Vacancies under DBT-BIRAC for post of Senior Program officer
Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) is a not-for-profit Section 8, Schedule B, Public Sector Enterprise, set up by Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India as an Interface Agency to strengthen and empower the emerging Biotech enterprise to undertake strategic research and innovation, addressing nationally relevant product development needs. BIRAC is a industry-academia interface and implements its mandate through a wide range of impact initiatives, be it providing access to risk capital through targeted funding, technology transfer, IP management and handholding schemes that help bring innovation excellence to the biotech firms and make them globally competitive.
About the Mission :
The National Biopharma Mission is an Industry-Academia Collaborative Mission of Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India for Accelerating Early Development for Biopharmaceuticals; to be implemented by Biotechnology Research Assistance Council (BIRAC)-a Public Sector Undertaking of DBT.
Senior Program officer : Training (PO-01, Vacancy-01
Position Summary & Responsibilities
The Program officer (PO) will serve in the Program Management Unit for i3 program at BIRAC. Reporting to Program Manager, PMU the PO will get opportunity to contribute to strategic thinking, planning and arranging the training programs; communicate progress and setbacks against strategic goals; and importantly create and manage grants/contracts as part of a team for various projects supported under the Mission.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
• Planning and coordinating the training programs with all stakeholders
• Responsibilities for Implementation of the Mission Program which includes writing of RFAs for soliciting proposals, working with national and international experts for scientific evaluation and assessment of proposal.
• Working with Legal and Finance to get all necessary Contracts and Agreements ready for the I3 Program.
• Coordination and administration of all aspects of new and ongoing projects including planning and implementation.
• Responsible for all Program Investment and Financial Planning.
• Ensure timely execution of all activities.
• Proper monitoring both technical and financial of the projects working closely with the Scientific and Technical Advisory groups for project review, new area prioritization and preparing a strategy for implementation.
• Responsible for organizing all Meetings, Interaction and Advisory Group Discussion including international conferences and workshops.
• In addition to scientific expertise, the Program Manager must also bring in passion, humility, and critical thinking for the unique problems and the questions relevant to BIRAC’s mission.
• Prepare and implement an effective communication and outreach strategy.
• To work and communicate with grantees and key stakeholders including members of Technical Advisory Groups, BIRAC, DBT and World Bank
Qualifications and Experience
• M.Sc/B.Tech in Life Science /Biological Sciences with minimum 4 years of experience in teaching in an academic institute or working in the industry or combined experience of both.
• Experience in teaching biotechnology / biochemistry in an academic institute OR have experience in Research & Development / Manufacturing Quality Control at Pharma / Biopharma Industry
• Experience in the execution, conduct and/or management of performance based grants, contracts or cooperative agreements.
• Demonstrated outstanding written and oral communication skills in positions requiring communications in a broad and diverse audience on a range of complex technical issues.
• Demonstrated strong planning and analytical skills. Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Demonstrated capacity and Experience to handle collaboration within an organization and with external partners, as well as ability to work with efficiency and diplomacy as part of a team effort.
• Ability to organize/prioritize work and meet deadlines within a fast paced environment with multiple and competing demands.
• Proactive and flexible nature with reliable follow-through and attention to detail.
• Ability to work both independently and in a cooperative and collegial fashion.
• Ability and willingness to travel domestic and international
Age Limit: 35 Years
Salary: Consolidated remuneration Rs. 75,000/- per month
For More Info Go Next Page...