Applications are invited for post of Consultant at MoEFCC | Remuneration Rs. 60,000/- pm
The Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC) is the nodal agency in the administrative structure of the Central Government for the planning, promotion, co-ordination and overseeing the implementation of India’s environmental and forestry policies and programmes. The primary concerns of the Ministry are implementation of policies and programmes relating to conservation of the country’s natural resources including its lakes and rivers, its biodiversity, forests and wildlife, ensuring the welfare of animals, and the prevention and abatement of pollution. While implementing these policies and programmes, the Ministry is guided by the principle of sustainable development and enhancement of human well-being.
Post : Consultant “A” (2 Post)
Age Limit : 40 Yrs
Duty Station : MoEF&CC New Delhi
Remuneration : Rs. 60,000/- (Consolidated)
Essential Education Qualification : Master Degree in Environmental Science / Life Science or equivalent from a Recognized University / Institute.
Required Experience : Experiences for a period of 5 years post qualification with good knowledge of M.S. Office.
Terms of Reference for engagement of consultants under the Plan Scheme -
(i) Statement of Objectives:
(Disciplines or the domains where engagement of consultants is required should he indicated)
Master Degree in Life Science or equivalent with 5 year post qualification experiences
(ii) Outline of the task to be carried out:- (Details of work required to be carried out/specific tasks/'activities to be assigned to Consultants should be indicated)
• Appraisal of Eco-Sensitive Zone (ESZ) proposals received from the State Government;
• To assist in compilation and in preparation of the draft and final ESZ notification;
• To assist in preparation of database for Eco-Sensitive Zone;
• To assist in examination of Zonal Master Plan (ZMP) of the notified ESZ’s received from the State Governments;
• To assist in liaising with State Governments and members of the ESZ Expert Committee;
• To assist in holding of ESZ Expert Committee meetings and in preparation of draft minutes of the meetings;
• Any other w'ork given by the Senior Officers from time to time;
(iii) Schedule for completion of tasks:- (This should be framed in such a manner that both the time frame for the jobs as well as the deliverables are clearly identified and are amenable to periodic monitoring over the duration of assignment)
ESZ division is the nodal division which has been entrusted the responsibility of notifying ESZ around all the 651 protected area of the country. So far, 192 final ESZ notifications for the 309 protected areas have been issued. The remaining protected areas are yet to be notified. It is a dynamic process and depends upon the consistency of proposals submission by the State Government, and vetting of proposal by the Wildlife division etc.
Appointment for the above consultants would be for a period of one year extendable for additional years based on the requirements of the work and performance of the contractual staff with the approval of the competent authority.
(iv) The support of inputs to be provided by MoEFCC to facilitate the consultancy:-
(Officer who will provide guidance to the consultants and to whom reporting is to be done should be specified here)
Consultant will be guided by the Director of the ESZ Division and should report to Director, ESZ.
(v) The final outputs, which shall be required from Consultant at the end of the consultancy period, should be specified.
• Publication of Gazette notification for declaration of Eco-Sensitive Zone around 340 (approx) protected areas of India.
• As the publication of ESZ final notification is time bound process, Consultants may assist in timely processing of ESZ notifications.
Find More Info Go to Next Page...