Vacancy for Senior Scientist in Verification Program at USP
USP is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, gender identity, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
Post : Senior Scientist I, Verification Program
This is a key hands-on, non-supervisory position. In this role, the Scientist performs the required analytical tests of Verification samples using appropriate methods. The Scientist will contribute to the scientific expertise and work ethic of the laboratory through a broad range of technical support and knowledge. The Scientist has mastered many common techniques in the laboratory and is able to contribute their own observations and input to difficult projects. The incumbent will provide technical assistance to the Verification Program by performing analytical tests, reviewing analytical data and preparing summary reports. The incumbent may execute 80% - 100% of their work at the bench level.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Executes the Verification projects by performing an individual analytical tests allotted by the Group Leader.
• Completes the projects as per the project timelines and priorities.
• Demonstrates solid scientific approach to analysis in the laboratory.
• Routinely applies personal experience, academic training, and technical insights – including emerging sciences – to solve complex technical problems within the laboratory.
• Presents technical seminars and lab demonstrations.
• Compiles project reports and responds QA observations.
• Executes all testing and analysis of data with excellence and essentially no errors;
• Demonstrates a strong desire to continue learning and grow personal capability;
• Pursues, recommends, and implements new approaches or processes to improve laboratory operations;
• Positively influences project direction by ensuring own work is congruent with overall direction of laboratory projects;
• Assists with other testing programs and housekeeping duties in the laboratory as needed.
• Prepares and reviews SOPs.
• Ensures the implementation of GLP, safety systems in labs.
• Ensures the calibration of the equipment as per the schedule.
• Indents chemicals, columns, Glassware, etc. and procures them by coordinating with lab operations and purchase department in advance keeping in mind the project deadlines.
• Ensures and follows USP mission, policies and procedures.
• Maintains good relationship with QA, HR, Purchase, accounting, IT and other dept.
• Preparation and planning for ISO-9001 & ISO- 17025 certification/recertification by participating actively and take an active role in the internal as well as external QA audits and address the audit issues in a timely manner.
• Supports collaborative testing, GPH, RSL and other departmental teams in terms of project testing, review, execution and approval whenever needed.
• Ph.D. with minimum 5 to 7 years of relevant laboratory experience or Masters with 7 to 9 years of relevant laboratory experience. Prior experience in a high volume pharmaceutical manufacturing QC laboratory or contract pharmaceutical analytical testing laboratory.
• Ability to lead projects to completion with a high degree of scientific expertise. Proficient with pharmaceutical testing requirements and test protocols involving compendial methods (USP, BP, EP, etc.). Expert in ICP, HPLC, GC, Dissolution analysis and troubleshooting, proficient in other related analytical instrumentation (IR, KF, UV, etc), strong communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written, experience working in the pharmaceutical industry strongly preferred. Should have very good skills to present the technical seminars and should participate in lab demonstrations. Knowledge of DEA, ICH guidelines and FDA regulations, and experience with compendial procedures and compliance strongly preferred. Proficiency with electronic documentation systems strongly preferred. Takes personal responsibility to ensure work is delivered on time and is the highest possible quality. Skills to anticipate, troubleshoot, and solve technical problems.
Experience : 5-7 years
Qualification : Ph.D, M.Sc
Location : Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
Industry Type : Pharma/ Healthcare/ Clinical research
Tracking Code : 1245-679
Functional Area : Verification Program
End Date : 25th December, 2018
See All Other Jobs in our Database