Work at G. B. Pant Institute of Himalayan Environment and Development as Project Coordinator
G.B. Pant Institute of Himalayan Environment and Development (GBPIHED) was established in 1988-89, during the birth centenary year of Bharat Ratna Pt. Govind Ballabh Pant, as an autonomous Institute of the Ministry of Environment and Forests (MoEF), Govt. of India, which has been identified as a focal agency to advance scientific knowledge, to evolve integrated management strategies, demonstrate their efficacy for conservation of natural resources, and to ensure environmentally sound development in the entire Indian Himalayan Region (IHR). The Institute attempts to maintain a balance of intricate linkages between socio-cultural, ecological, economic and physical systems that could lead to sustainability in the IHR.
Those looking for opportunity to undertake challenging work on mountain ecosystems are invited to apply by providing complete bio-data with required details by 10 November, 2014 to the Administrative Officer, G.B. Pant Institute of Himalayan Environment and Development, Kosi-Katarmal, Almora-263643, Uttarakhand (e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org ) for following purely temporary project based positions based at GBPIHED (Hqs.), Kosi-Katarmal, Almora. Initially this position is for one year only and may be extended till the termination of project (i.e. Dec. 2015) depending upon the performance.
Project Coordinator (1) – GBPIHED - SDC project (1 No.)
[Emoluments @ Rs 50,000/Month fixed]
Place of Posting : GBPIHED Hqs., Kosi-Katarmal, Almora, Uttarakhand
• Coordinating of the target activities of the project
• Strengthening institutional collaborations and stakeholders involvement;
• Effective Information sharing and dissemination using suitable mediums such as Newsletter/service active portal etc.;
• Help develop policy briefs/ reports around the assessment studies for communicating to concerned divisions/ministries/stakeholders;
• Prepare quarterly and Annual reports (financial and physical) of the project;
• Help in organizing relevant consultations, workshops, conferences, seminars involving diverse stakeholders (as per the need of the Action Plan of the project;
• Participate in relevant programmes/ activities of key stakeholders to foster partnership.
• Assistance for efficient and professional administrative support to Overall Coordinator of the project at GBPIHED Hqs.
Age, Qualification, and Experience
• Max 40 years. However, in case exceptionally deserving candidate relaxation in age can be considered.
• Post-Graduation in Natural/ Environmental Sciences /Engineering with 1st Class with sound knowledge of current environmental issues/policies of Government
• Over 5 years experience of environmental assessment and management including Climate Change issues.
• Skills of editing scientific manuscripts and document designing and technical report preparation.
• Knowledge of database management, GIS mapping, managing electronic portal, automation tools etc;
• Good communication skills in English and Hindi
*Relaxation in age for SC/ST/OBC/PH/Women candidate s as per the GOI norms.
Shortlisted candidates will be called for interview or contacted over phone/e-mail for personal discussion/interview (please provide your contact details – mobile/e-mail with application ).
No TA/DA will be given to the candidates called for Interview.
See All Other Jobs in our Database
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.