The Central Council for Research in Siddha (CCRS) is an autonomous body registered under societies act in July 2010 under Dept. of AYUSH, presently Ministry of AYUSH), Government of India, New Delhi. It is an apex body in India for initiating, undertaking, formulating, developing, co-ordinating and promoting research in Siddha on scientific lines. Central Council for Research in Siddha is recognized as a Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (SIRO) by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India from 21.08.2014.
Post : Senior Research Fellow (Biochemistry / Biotechnology) – 01 (One) Post
Virtual / Personal interview is proposed to be conducted for the selection of Senior Research Fellow (Biochemistry/Biotechnology) - one post for the IMR Project, Evaluation of Anticancer and Apoptosis-Inducing Effect of Gowri Chinthamani Chendhuram (GCC) on Human Cancer Cell lines. The engagement will be purely on contract basis and no claim for continuation or regular appointment will be entertained. The date of the interview will be notified through CCRS website / Email to the eligible shortlisted candidates.
Essential Qualification : M.Sc. (Biochemistry) / M.Sc. (Biotechnology) with not less than 55% aggregate from a recognized University / Institution and minimum of 2 years research/ industrial experience
(i) SLET / NET / GATE qualified
(ii) Experience in handling Cell culture assays, RT-PCR analysis, Western Blotting analysis, ELISA Reader, Biochemistry Auto Analyzer, etc.
(iii) Paper Publications in peer reviewed journals (iv) Basic computer skills like MS Office, etc.
Remuneration : Rs.35,000/- + 18% HRA
Age : Not exceeding 35 years (Relaxation will be given up to 5 years in case of SC/ST and Physically challenged candidates and 3 years in case of OBC candidates as per GoI Rules).
Period of the Project : Initially for a period of 1 year with subsequent extension based on the performance maximum up to 1 year or till completion of the project, whichever is earlier.
Place of Posting : Siddha Regional Research Institute, Puducherry.
How to Apply
The filled in application along with self-attested certificates/documents (Scanned copies) must be sent to the email address email@example.com. All the attachments are required in PDF only. Hard copies of the same may be sent by speed post to
The Assistant Director (S) S III & I/c
Siddha Regional Research Institute,
Chellaperumal Street, Kuyavarpalayam,
Puducherry – 605013.
Instructions to the candidates
1. CV/ Resume will not be accepted. The application should be in the prescribed format only along with all required documents. If otherwise, applications would be summarily rejected.
2. Candidates should enclose self-attested photocopies of educational qualification, research experience and other testimonials along with filled application.
3. The crucial date for determining the age limit shall be the last date of application.
4. All posts are on contractual basis for the specified duration offered. The engagement period may be renewed after the given duration subject to satisfactory performance and project requirement.
5. The selected candidate will have no claim for regular appointments under SRRI / SCRI / CCRS or continuation of his/her services by any means.
6. Date, Time and place/mode of interview will be intimated through CCRS website/ email to the eligible candidates. No TA/DA will be provided for attending the interview.
7. Incomplete applications without relevant enclosures cannot be entertained.
8. The selection of the candidate will be based on their performance in the interview. However, a written test on MCQ pattern may be required for further short-listing purpose prior to interview.
9. Canvassing in any form will lead to disqualification of the candidate.
10. The Research Officer (S) S III & In-charge reserves all the rights to accept or reject any application, postpone / cancel the interview without assigning any reasons, thereof.
11. Candidates are advised to follow CCRS website regularly for further information, if any which will be updated from time to time.
Last date of submission of application : 12.06.2023 up to 5 p.m.
See All Other Jobs in our Database