The institute completed its 100 years in 2019, and we wish to take forward the legacy with rejuvenated vigor and sheer dedication with a commitment to nation building. The Indian Institute of Technology (Banaras Hindu University) Varanasi owes its existence to Bharat Ratna Mahamana Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya, the founder of the first residential University of modern India, Banaras Hindu University (BHU), who could foresee the vital role of technical education in strengthening independent India. Engineering education in BHU started in 1919 with the establishment of Banaras Engineering College (BENCO).
Post : Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
Applications are invited in the attached format from Indian nationals for the post of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) to work on SERB (Start-up Research Grant) sponsored project under the supervision of Dr. Rajnish, Department of Pharmaceutical Engineering & Technology, Indian Institute of Technology (BHU), Varanasi, India.
Title of the project : Discovery of novel selective inhibitors of choline acetyltransferase: Lead optimization and in vivo pharmacokinetic studies
Duration : Up to 22-12-2023. The post is purely temporary and co-terminus with the project.
Fellowship Amount : Rs. 31,000 + 16% HRA per month
Essential qualifications : First class degree in M.Pharm / M. S. (Pharm.) / M.Tech (Pharm) / M.Tech in Medicinal Chemistry / Pharmaceutical Chemistry with GATE/GPAT/CSIR-NET or equivalent examination. The candidates should have basic degree in pharmacy (B.Pharm). The candidates appearing in the final semester of M.Pharm / M.S.(Pharm.)/M. Tech (Pharm)/M. Tech are also eligible. Such candidates need to produce the essential documents justifying qualification in the case of selection.
Desirable qualifications : Candidates with 1-2 years of experience in multi-steps organic synthesis and in vivo pharmacokinetic assays using HPLC/LC-MS in an industry/ academic laboratory is desired.
Age limit : 28 Years (relaxable for 5 years for SC/ST/Physically Handicapped/Female candidates). All things being equal, SC/ST candidates will be preferred as per GOI rules
Interested candidates are requested to send their applications in the attached format giving detail information on education qualification, research experience, and publications if any via email to Principal Investigator, Dr. Rajnish at Rajnish.email@example.com on or before 30 May, 2023. Please write “Application for JRF” in the subject line of the email. The shortlisted candidates will be intimated by email.
1. The PI has the discretion to restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
2. Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to appear in the interview and no other communications in this regard will be entertained.
3. Original certificates and self-attested copies of all certificates need to be presented before the interview for verification.
4. Venue of Interview: Department of Pharmaceutical Engineering & Technology, IIT (BHU), Varanasi- 221005. E-mail: Rajnish.firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Application should be strictly according to the attached format.
Department of Pharmaceutical Engineering & Technology, IIT(BHU), Varanasi-221005
See All Other Jobs in our Database