The National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi, is a leading research Institute in India with a long-standing reputation for scientific excellence. The institute is equipped with state-of-the-art infrastructure for pursuing research in immunology and allied sciences. The Institute also imparts vigorous long-term research training leading to a Ph.D degree.
National Institute of Immunology an autonomous research institute of the Department of Biotechnology has the mandate of carrying out high quality basic and applied Research. The Institute invites applications for engagement as Consultants purely on contract basis.
Post : Consultants (Scientific)
Scope of Work:
The Institute has initiated a number of endeavours with special focus on vaccine development, encouraging institutional collaborations both nationally and internationally, technology transfer, development and mentoring of the research outreach programmes of NII and allied work for furthering the mandate of the Institution. In order to fortify the capabilities in these areas, the Institute desires to engage two Consultants who would work towards development of these activities:
1. Consultant for development of programmes on New Generation vaccines so as to foster the emergence of high-value futuristic innovative outcomes, to provide technical advice, guidance, and support to professional staff on different aspects of immunology.
2. Consultant for development and mentoring of the research outreach programmes of NII including Science Setu programme. The duties will include developing and coordinating dialogue between all stakeholders, and facilitating the evolution of the structure and governance of institutional collaborations.
Upper Age Limit : 64 Years
Period of Contract : Initially for a period of one year, extendable by one year subject to review of the performance of the Contract appointee, provided it shall not be extended beyond 5 years after Superannuation.
Qualifications : Ph.D degree in Life Sciences and minimum post qualification experience of 25 years in the required field. Applicants should have superannuated from the post of Scientist in Level-14 or above.
Monthly Remuneration : Pay drawn at the time of retirement minus basic pension as per Govt. of India instructions. No other allowances of whatsoever nature will be admissible except Transport Allowance. No increment and DA shall be allowed during the term of contract.
Transport Allowance : An appropriate and fixed amount for the purpose of commuting between residence and the place of work shall be allowed not exceeding the rate applicable to the appointee at the time of retirement. The amount so fixed shall remain unchanged during the term of appointment.
Leave : Paid leave of absence may be allowed at the rate of 1.5 days for each completed month of service. Accumulation of leave beyond a colander year shall not be allowed.
Other terms and conditions : The terms and conditions of engagement of the Consultants shall be as per Annexure-I and other Govt. of India instructions issued from time to time in this regard. The numbers of positions advertised are tentative and may vary.
Submission of Application : Interested candidates may apply along-with attested copies of certificates of academic, professional/technical qualifications, present position and past experience, Caste/PH certificate, if applicable, a recent photograph and a Demand draft of Rs 100/- (SC/ST/PH and Women candidates are exempted from payment of fees) drawn on any bank payable at Delhi/New Delhi in favour of the Director, National Institute of Immunology.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The appointment of Consultants is purely of temporary nature for specific assignments. The appointment can be cancelled any time by NII without assigning any reason.
2. Consultant will have to give one month’s advance notice or remuneration in lieu thereof before resigning from the engagement.
3. The appointment of Consultants shall be on full time basis and they would not be permitted to take up any other assignment during the period of Consultancy with NII.
4. The Consultants are required to follow normal working hours as prescribed i.e 9.00 am to 5.30 pm. However, in exigencies of work he/she may be required to sit late or attend office on Saturday/Sunday and other Gazetted holidays.
5. Tax Deduction at Source (TDS):- TDS as admissible shall be deducted from the monthly remuneration of Consultants, as per applicable statutory provisions. A TDS certificate shall be issued by the concerned DDO on demand.
6. The Consultants shall sign an agreement of Confidentiality with the Institute containing a clause on ethics and integrity. They will maintain highest standards of integrity, transparency, competitiveness, economy and efficiency while working as consultant in the Institute.
7. The consultants so appointed shall, in no case represent or give opinion or advice to others in any nighters matter which is adverse to the interest of the Institute nor will they indulge in any activity outside the terms of the contractual assignment.
8. They will be governed by the Official Secrets Act, 1923, as amended from time to time and will not disclose to any unauthorized person(s) any information/data that may come to their notice during the period of their engagement as ‘Consultant’ in the Institute.
9. They will not utilize or publish or part with, to a third party, any part of the data or statistics or proceedings or information collected for the purpose of their assignments or during the course of assignment without the express written consent of the Institute.
10. The Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) of the data collected as well as deliverables produced for the Institute shall remain with the Institute.
11. Attention is drawn to Central Vigilance Commission’s circular No. 01/0/2017 dated 23.1.2017 and circular No. 08/06/2011 dated 24.6.2011 regarding engagement of Consultants. They will be completely accountable for any advice or any service rendered by them during their engagement in the Institute in view of norms of ethical business and professionalism.
12. The engagement as Consultant shall not be considered as a case of reemployment.
13. Any other terms and conditions not mentioned here shall be as per applicable rules/ instructions of Govt. of India in this regard
Eligible candidates are required to submit the complete application in the prescribed format along with required documents to the Senior Manager, NII at the above address by 21.05.2021 (1700 Hours).
Format of application: (1) Sl. No. of the post for which application is being made (2) Full Name of the candidate (in Block Letters) (3) Parent’s/Husband’s Name (4) Gender (5) Date of Birth & Age (6) Caste (SC/ST/OBC); (7) Whether PH, (Yes/No) (8) Permanent & Correspondence Address (9) E-mail, Fax and Telephone No. (10) Details of Academic & Professional Qualifications (11) Details of past experience & present employment (12) Present pay/emoluments (13) Names and complete addresses along with E-mail, Fax and Phone No. of three independent responsible persons (not relatives/friends) as referees who can comment on the candidate’s suitability and temperament (14) Signature with date
See All Other Jobs in our Database