Applications are invited for the post of Research Associate at NBPGR
National Bureau of Plant Genetic Resources (NBPGR), New Delhi and Bioversity International-India, New Delhi in collaboration with the Asia-Pacific Association for Agricultural Research Insti-tutes (APAARI) Bangkok, are organizing the Eighth International Training Course on ‘In Vitro and Cryopreservation Approaches for Conservation of Plant Genetic Resources’ from Nov. 5-19, 2019.
Applications are invited to attend Interview (in-person/ online through video conferencing) for the following posts under DBT funded network project "Mainstreaming rice landraces diversity in varietal development through genome- wide association studies: A model for large-scale utilization of gene bank collections of rice” for a period of five years (up to Feb. 2025) at ICAR-National Bureau of Plant Genetic Resources (NBPGR), New Delhi. The positions are of temporary nature and co-terminus with the project.
Name of the Project : Mainstreaming rice landraces diversity in varietal development through genome- wide association studies : A model for large-scale utilization of gene bank collections of rice.
Name of PI : Dr. Rakesh Singh, Principal Scientist, Division of Genomic Resources, NBPGR.
Research Associate III (01) Bioinformatics
Emoluments per month : Rs. 54,000 + 24% HRA
Essential qualification : Doctoral Degree in Biotechnology/ Plant breeding/ Molecular Biology/ Life Sciences / Bioinformatics or related subjects.
Desirable Qualification : At least two years of research experience in working with various bioinformatics pipelines in Linux environment, statistical analysis and analysis of high throughput SNP genotyping data, re-sequencing and transcriptomic data.
Upper age limit : 35 years
Project Associate-I (Five for NBPGR & one for DBT)
Emoluments per month : Rs. 31000/- + 24% HRA
Essential qualification : Master's Degree in Agriculture/Botany/Molecular Biology/ Life Sciences or related subjects with specialization in Bio-informatics/Biotechnology from a recognized University or equivalent.
Desirable Qualification : Experience in Molecular Biology/ Plant Pathology or bioinformatics analysis.
Upper age limit : 35 years
Terms and Conditions
• Candidates are requested to ensure their eligibility like age, qualification etc. before appearing for the interview.
• Upper age limit is relaxable for Women/SC/ST/OBC as per GOI/DST/DBT/ICAR norms.
• Candidates having essential qualification will only be considered for interview.
• No TA/DA and official accommodation will be provided for appearing in the interview.
• The post is purely temporary and co-terminus with the project, selected candidates have no right to claim for regularization or absorption whatsoever in ICAR/NBPGR.
• The decision of Director of the institute will be final and binding in all aspects.
• The Director shall also reserve the right to terminate the contract of job as mentioned above, even before the completion of the project for which no appeal thereof shall be made.
• Candidates are required to bring the relevant certificates/ mark sheets etc. in original along with an application with full bio-data enclosing photocopies of certificates and mark sheets from matriculation onwards duly attested affixing a passport size photograph on the top. The selected candidate will be required to produce medical certificate at the time of joining.
• In case of any disputes, it will be resolved in the jurisdiction of New Delhi court only.
Owing to the prevailing COVID-19 crisis, candidates may choose for interview either in-person or through online process. The eligible candidates (appearing in-person as well as online mode) are requested to send their application in the enclosed proforma along with scanned copy of the original documents through email to email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by June 15, 2020. After screening the applications, the eligible candidates will be informed for further details regarding interview by email or over phone. Original documents of the candidates appearing interview in-person will be verified on the interview date and for the candidates appearing online interview will be verified at a later stage.
See All Other Jobs in our Database