Translational Health Science and Technology Institute (THSTI) is an autonomous Institute of the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt. of India. The institute is an integral part of the interdisciplinary NCR Biotech Science Cluster (NCR BSC) located at Faridabad, and is designed with the mission to conduct innovative translational research to translate concepts into products to improve human health. We are in the process of filling up vacancies in the project entitled “Translational Research Program” and other related projects.
Technical Manager (Bioassay Lab)
Max monthly consolidated emoluments : Up to Rs. 1,00,000/-
Age Limit : 40 years
Minimum Qualification and experience :
Post graduate degree with 7 years of experience in GLP/NABL-accredited biology laboratories with extensive experience in establishment of assays such as ELISA, genotyping, serotyping, qRT - PCR. (Candidates with a doctoral degree with relevant experience may also apply) Essential: > Hands-on experience in validation of assays, quality control and quality assurance processes for accreditation. Sound knowledge of regulatory processes for assays used in diagnostics and vaccine development. Desirable : Knowledge and experience in Microbiology, Virology, Molecular biology and animal cell culture.
Domain and Job Description :
Bioassay Lab : The Technical Manager will be reporting to the laboratory director and will be responsible for the following:
• Day-to-day functioning of the bioassay laboratory.
• Supervising the activities of a team of junior colleagues consisting of technical officers, lab technicians and lab attendants.
• Involved in establishing new assays, in monitoring the performance of the existing assays as per the regulatory guidelines for vaccine research.
• Ensuring compliance with accreditation processes (ISO - 17025 and ISO -15189).
• Provide assistance in the preparation of documents, verification of documents for regulatory compliance.
• Verification of assays using reference reagents and
• Training of team members.
Senior Technical Officer
Max monthly consolidated emoluments : Up to Rs. 85,000/-
Age Limit : 35 years
Minimum Qualification and experience :
Post graduate degree in Life Sciences/ Chemical Sciences/ Pharmaceutical Sciences/ Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Engineering/ Bioinformatics or in relevant area with 5 years of experience in the relevant field.
Domain and Job Description :
Infectious diseases and immunology [I&I]/ Multi-disciplinary clinical and translational research [MCTR]/ Non-communicable diseases [NCD] / Bioassay Laboratory [BAL]/ Biorepository Facility [BRF]/ Data Management Centre [DMC]/ Small Animal Facility [SAF]
Note : The selection committee may recommend a candidate for lower grade/pay based on the qualification, skills and experience of the candidate.
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. Appointment will be made on yearly contract basis for a period of three years (extendable to five years) with an initial probation period of six months that may be extended at the discretion of the competent authority.
2. All educational, professional and technical qualification should be from a recognized Board/University.
3. The experience requirement specified shall be experience acquired after obtaining the minimum educational qualifications required for the post.
4. Persons working in Govt. / PSUs / autonomous bodies should apply through proper channel or produce a relevant ‘No Objection Certificate’ at the time of Interview. Such employees will be considered for appointment on direct recruitment /deputation/ short term contract basis. The educational qualification and experience shall be the same and the terms and conditions of deputation shall be governed by DoPT OM No. 6/8/2009-Estt. (Pay II) dated 17th June 2010.
5. Age and other relaxations for direct recruits and departmental candidates: 1. By 5 years for candidates belonging to SC/ST communities. 2. By 3 years for candidates belonging to OBC communities. 3. For Persons with Disabilities (PwBD) falling under the following categories: (i) UR - 10 years , ii) OBC - 13 years (iii) SC/ST - 15 years 4 For Ex-servicemen upto the extent of service rendered in defence forces (Army, Navy & Air force) plus 3 years provided they have put in a minimum of 6 months attested service. 5. Age is relaxable for Government servants up to 5 years in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by the Central Government, from time to time. 7. There is no upper age limit for the employees who are working for THSTI.
6. The closing date of online application will be the CRUCIAL DATE for determining eligibility with regard to age, essential qualification etc.
7. One candidate can apply for only one position.
8. The positions advertised will be filled only if suitable candidates are identified.
9. Outstation SC/ST/ PwBD candidates called for the interview will be paid to & fro second class railway fare, as per Govt. of India rules on production of the proof of the same.
10. All results will be published on our website and all communications will be only through email.
11. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
• Procedure for filling online application;
a) Before filling up the online application, keep the following documents handy:
i) A soft copy of your passport size photo and signature. (only jpeg/jpg/png format)
ii) A comprehensive CV (PDF format only) containing details of qualification, positions held, professional experience/distinctions etc.
iii) The documents in support of educational qualification and experience (PDF format only) as mentioned below:
• Matriculation Mark sheet
• Intermediate Mark sheet
• Graduation Degree/Mark Sheet
• Post-Graduation Degree/Mark Sheet
• Ph.D/MD or equivalent degree(if any)
• Relevant experience certificates
• Caste/Disability certificate in the format prescribed by the Govt. of India, if applicable
• List of Publications (if any)
• List of patents (if any)
• Write-up (not exceeding 500 words)
iv) Application fee is to be deposited online as per details given below: Unreserved candidates/EWS/OBC : 500
SC/ST/Women/PwBD : Nil
After submitting the application, you will be automatically redirected to the dashboard wherein you will be required to click on “Pay Online” button in order to proceed for payment.
• The payment can be made by using Debit Card/Credit Card/Internet Banking/UPI.
• Once payment is made, no correction/modification is possible.
• Candidates are requested to keep a copy of provisional receipt for future reference.
• Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
b) The eligible and interested candidates may apply online at the Institute’s website thsti.res.in/career. Applications through any other mode will not be accepted.
c) On successful submission of your application, an auto-generated email containing the reference number will be sent to the email address provided. Please keep a note of the reference number for future correspondence.
d) Candidates are required to keep a printout of the online application form by using the print button on the dashboard for future reference.
e) Candidates must ensure that he/she fulfils all eligibility criteria as stipulated in the advertisement. If it is found that he/she does not fulfil the stipulated criteria, the candidature will be cancelled.
f) Incomplete applications shall be summarily rejected and no correspondence in this regard shall be entertained.
g) Candidates are requested to use Google Chrome internet browser for best results in submission of online application.
h) In case of difficulty in filling up the online form, please send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last date for receipt of online application : 18th May 2020
See All Other Jobs in our Database