Opportunity for Principal Pharmacist at King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust part of King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC), is one of the UK’s largest and busiest teaching hospitals with a turnover of nearly £1 billion, 1.5 million patient contacts a year and more than 11,500 staff based across 5 main sites in South East London.
Post : Principal Pharmacist, Haematology and Oncology Band 8b
(9 months fixed term contract with a possibility of extension)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced, enthusiastic and motivated senior clinical pharmacy leader to join the well respected and progressive Haematology and Oncology Clinical Pharmacy Team at King’s College Hospital.
King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is one of London’s largest and busiest teaching hospitals, with a unique profile of strong local services and a focused set of specialist services. This includes providing specialist services to patients across a wide catchment area. We are recognised nationally and internationally for our work in haemato-oncology, liver disease and transplantation, neurosciences and cardiac.
We are a tertiary referral centre for the treatment of haematological malignancies, one of the largest Bone Marrow Transplant centres in the UK and one of the first hospitals in the UK to provide licensed CAR-T cell therapies. Supported by a dedicated team of pharmacists and a medicines management pharmacy technician, the post holder will work to ensure the continued provision and development of high quality, comprehensive clinical pharmacy services and pharmaceutical care to patients, senior managers and clinicians within the Haematology and Cancer Divisions. We are looking for someone with vision and excellent clinical and leadership skills.
The successful applicant will join a supportive pharmacy and divisional team, which includes pharmacy team leaders each with their own fields of expertise and a Consultant Pharmacist in Haematology and ATMPs. There are opportunities for personal and professional development of clinical, leadership, managerial, research and strategic skills.
• Check your email account regularly as this is how we will communicate with you
• If you delete the job from any of your accounts, you may be prevented from accessing further communications
• To enquire about your application or inform us of any changes in your circumstances, please contact the named person on this advert
• Please provide email addresses for referees where possible
• Click here to see the range of benefits we offer
• Please review the documentation on our recruitment microsite, particularly the Trust’s criminal records checking policy
• All staff have a responsibility for safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and for ensuring they are aware of the specific duties relating to their role.
• Due to a high volume of applications, this advert might close before the displayed closing date. It is therefore recommended that you apply promptly.
Job Type : Fixed term (9 months)
Working pattern : 37.5 hours per week
Pay Scheme : Agenda for change
Pay Band : 8b
Location : Denmark Hill, London
Salary : £60,058 - £68,891 per annum, inc HCA
Staff Group : Additional Professional Scientific & Technical
Specialty/Function : Pharmacy
See All Other Jobs in our Database