Work as Outpatient Pharmacist at Baylor Scott & White Health | West Adams, USA
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing.
Post : Outpatient Pharmacist
• Organizes and performs all aspects of daily pharmacy dispensing practice in a professional and accurate manner adhering to all established policies and procedures in compliance with all state and federal legal requirements.
• Verifies that each prescription is accurately filled with the correct medication, in the appropriate dosage, and in the correct quantity.
• Maintains a current professional knowledge of drugs, drug therapies, and current formulary and shares information appropriately.
• Supplies necessary and requested pharmaceutical information and education to patients and patient family members in a professional, accurate and courteous manner.
• Functions as an educator on drug therapy to physicians, nurses, pharmacy technicians and patients providing accurate, thorough and up-to-date information as required.
• Demonstrates understanding of third party plans which have prescription drug coverage through SWHP and is able to discuss accurately with patients the coverage and limitations.
• Demonstrates working knowledge of SWHP provider network and explains the fill and refill process to patients accurately.
• Monitors and reviews the work of subordinates to ensure compliance with all professional standards and departmental policies and procedures.
• Intervenes, corrects and educates subordinates in appropriate methods and procedures when necessary as it relates to the dispensing process.
• Maintains a complete understanding and ability to maintain information on the pharmacy computer system.
• Supervises inventory, purchasing and quality control of drugs and products.
B.S. in Pharmacy or PharmD
Qualification : B.Pharm, Pharm.D
Location : Floater-Northside-Temple-TX
Industry Type : Pharma
Functional Area : Pharmacist
End Date : 25th May, 2019
See All Other Jobs in our Database