Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented and performance driven people. All of which makes them one of the most rewarding employers in their field.
Post : Copy Editor
To achieve excellence in scientific communication by performing medical editorial review and providing relevant operational support in delivering scientific communication needs (publication and medical education) with high quality; to join a team that strives for leadership in scientific communication arena
Responsible for independently conducting editorial review (with high quality) of assigned scientific communication deliverables
• Works in close collaboration with scientific writers and scientific communication lead (SciComm) to understand scope of work and conduct editorial review of scientific communication deliverables
• Accountable for implementing deliverable-specific internal or external style guidelines (AMA Manual of Style, internal brand-specific templates) reference management, copyediting, language editing, and proofreading of scientific communication deliverables
• Works in close collaboration with the scientific writers, manager - operations, and group heads to develop plan for improving quality of deliverables by identifying gaps. Compliance:
• Complies with Novartis guidelines, project management standards, and policies
• Provides support in maintaining team's compliance for all scientific communication databases
• Complies with audit and standard operating procedure (SOP) training requirements Process Improvement and Productivity:
• Actively participates in initiatives to enhance collaborations with writers, enhancing quality of first drafts, and final deliverables
• Shares observations, ideas, and feedback based on interactions with the team to bring process improvements
• Requires good understanding of IT platforms in order to work with the team and fully utilize the available IT resources/environment Managerial/Team Organization:
• Reports operationally and functionally to “Manager"
• Works in a matrix environment with multiple stakeholders
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in science or pharmacy Desirable: Master’s degree in life sciences or pharmacy Excellent written and spoken English Minimum: 2 to 6 years of experience in publishing/conducting editorial review
Desirable: 2 to 4 years of experience in medical editorial review. Certification in editorial review.
Experience : 2-4years
Qualification : B.Pharm, M.Sc, M.Pharm, B.Sc
Location : Hyderabad, AP
Industry Type : Pharma/ Healthcare/ Clinical research
Functional Area : Research & Development
End Date : 30th June, 2019
See All Other Jobs in our Database